Access to Education
- Tally Hart Named Vice-Chair of OCAN Board
- Blueprint: College Focuses on Linden community for 2010
- Senior Advisor for Economic Access, Tally Hart, featured on WOSU's All Sides with Ann Fisher
- "I Know I Can" features Ohio State student Danielle Orr
- President Gee Funds Scholarship for First Generation Student
- College Admission Confidential radio show features student Janet Soto-Rodriguez
- Ohio State Assisting Students Facing Economic Difficulties
- Principals Help Students Set Sights on College
Blueprint:College is a collaboration led by The Ohio State University's Office of Undergraduate Admissions and First Year Experience with assistance from other campus partners, including the Economic Access Initiative, the P-12 Project, and Columbus City Schools. Aimed at helping elementary school parents learn how to turn their children’s dreams for college into a reality, this six-week college planning program kicked off on Thursday April 24th, 2008.
At the kick-off, Dr. Mabel Freeman, Assistant Vice President of Undergraduate Admissions and First Year Experience and Dr. Gene Harris, Superintendent of Columbus City Schools, welcomed approximately 50 families to the program. OSU Senior, Yaves Ellis, delivered an inspirational message on the college experience which left the 80 kindergarten to 5th graders excited about their futures! The program included weekly success workshops for parents throughout the month of May, a campus exploration day, and a program graduation ceremony. Children attended 'College Camp,' led by an outstanding group of current undergraduate students, while parents participated in the workshops.
Plans are underway to expand Blueprint to more schools in 2009.
For more information, contact Amy Wade, email@example.com