Access to Education
Tips on college preparation, study skills and more!
Getting to college
Ohio State resources
- Make College Happen 4-6th grade (pdf)
- Make College Happen 7-8th grade (pdf)
- Make College Happen 9-10th grade (pdf)
- Autumn Ohio State Opportunities Newsletter from Arts and Sciences
- Arts and Sciences Community Partnerships
- Be Ready for College: A Powerpoint Presentation for Parents
- Be Ready for College: PDF of Presentation Notes
- College Access Group Tours
- Ohio State's Future Students website
- Ohio State's High School Counselor Information
Ohio and national resources
- Know How 2 Go
- Ohio College Access Network
- National College Access Network
- Ohio Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
- Ohio Board of Regents
- Center for Student Opportunity
Paying for college
Ohio State resources
- Office of Student Financial Aid
- Minority Scholarship Services
- Young Scholars Program
- Merit Scholarships
- Ohio State scholarship listing
Help your students get to college.
Teachers and counselors are important influencers of students who are considering college. Because of your day-to-day contact with students, you can help them decide where to apply, show them how to fill out applications, and even help look for scholarships. Ohio State's Economic Access Initiative offers materials and programs to help you advise college-bound students of all ages. We encourage you to check out the materials on this site and share the information with your students.
Do you have ideas on what might help even more? Let us know how we can help. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be Ready for College: A Parent Presentation!
Many parents want their children to go to college, but need assistance in learning how best to prepare their children for higher education. Be Ready for College is an interactive presentation for parents of middle school students describing the steps to college. Admissions counselors from local colleges will share information with parents about middle school class selection, college preparation, parental support and involvement and preparing financially for college.
Suggested groups for this presentation:
- PTA/PTO meetings
- Booster Club meetings
- Church groups
- Any other group with concerned parents!
This presentation can be scheduled by emailing Michele Brown at email@example.com.
Be Ready for College is brought to you by: Capital University, Columbus State Community College, Ohio Dominican University, The Ohio State University, Ohio Wesleyan University and Otterbein College.
College Presentation for Middle School Students
Are you looking for a presentation which inspires middle school students to start thinking about their postsecondary education?
Then the “Are You Getting the Message” program from the Ohio Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (OASFAA) is for you! The “Are You Getting the Message” program was developed by the Ohio Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators’ (OASFAA) Early Awareness Committee which consists of volunteers from OASFAA, the Ohio College Access Network (OCAN) and the Ohio Association of College Admissions Counselors (OACAC).
The program is available in two ways: You can request a presenter on-line at the OASFAA website or you can download the presentation at www.oasfaa.org.
Financial Literacy Presentations