Introducing our Culture Transformation
Introduce our culture transformation and values with your college/unit by incorporating messaging into your existing communications efforts.
- Culture is the behaviors and beliefs that drive our actions and decisions, a collective set of values and habits that condition the actions of people within the University. It’s a combination of the unwritten and written rules of how we work with each other, our ingrained habits, beliefs and assumptions, the way we do things, and what we talk about and how we talk about them.
- Our culture isn’t bad, or wrong, and we aren’t trying to “fix” it. We're shifting it to enable us to operate in a new way which will allow us to achieve our personal and University goals.
- Our values are what guide our behavior. The tools and mindsets in the unfreezing retreat help us behave in a way that's consistent with our values.
- The Case for Change: Review this onCampus article to hear from President Gee on why we need to make this change, and why now. Use key messages and quotes from the article when developing your communications.
- Making the Case for Change: Ask your leader to share this presentation (PowerPoint, Word) with the college/unit to explain our journey from Excellence to Eminence. Use key messages when developing your communications.
- Attending an Unfreezing Retreat: Ask your leader to share this presentation (PowerPoint, Word) with the college/unit to talk about the purpose of the retreat, and what to expect. Use key messages when developing your communications.