'Breaking new ground'
November 13, 2014
- The numbers are in, and more than $21 million was raised by riders and their supporters during Pelotonia 14. Those dollars move researchers and patients like Wally Yocum closer to a cancer-free world.
A fall week in photos
November 12, 2014
- What does Ohio State look like in fall? Photographers throughout campus recently captured a week in the life of Buckeyes – from sunrise on the Oval to students and researchers huddled in the lab. The big picture: Autumn at Ohio State is beautiful and eventful.
"The heart of innovation"
October 31, 2014
- In his first University Address, President Michael V. Drake discusses what it means to be a leading land-grant university in the 21st century.
Return to the water
October 17, 2014
- Blake Haxton arrived on Ohio State’s campus as a patient at the Wexner Medical Center, where doctors fought against incredibly bleak odds to save his life. Today, Haxton is a Fisher College of Business graduate, a Moritz College of Law student and a member of the U.S. Para-rowing national team – with sights set on the Paralympics in 2016.
New hospital, new hope
October 15, 2014
- As the nation’s third-largest cancer hospital opens at Ohio State in December, more patients will benefit from state-of-the-art facilities and unparalleled expertise in battling cancer. There will be more survivors, like Allyn Sachs, who says, “I’m just going to live my life and not worry about (cancer).”
Eye on the ball
October 03, 2014
- Batter up! It takes great hitting to win the World Series. Could optometry research at Ohio State uncover the subtleties of a better batting average?
Success with the Game of Life
October 02, 2014
- Reuben Klamer, Class of 1944, is a titan of the toy industry, credited with more than 200 creations, including the Game of Life. He returns to Ohio State to meet with students and give back to his alma mater.
Behind the scenes of halftime magic
September 30, 2014
- It takes ingenuity and hard work to pull off halftime shows that go viral before the last seconds tick off at a Buckeye football game. In the videos below, see how The Ohio State University Marching Band brought the Wizard of Oz, The Rolling Stones and many more to Ohio Stadium this season.
Cancer fight at Ohio State gains momentum
September 23, 2014
- The Midwest’s largest cancer hospital is about to open at Ohio State, and a globally recognized leader in the fight against cancer is taking the helm at Pelotonia, which has raised $61 million for cancer research at Ohio State.
Bringing the arts to campus for 25 years
September 17, 2014
- With the exhibition Transfigurations at the heart of its celebration, this fall the Wexner Center for the Arts marks 25 years as the first fully multidisciplinary arts institution on a university campus. Since 1989, it has supported the work of hundreds of artists; curated exhibitions from Leibovitz to Warhol; brought Hollywood to Ohio State; featured a wide array of theater, dance and music; and inspired countless youth to seize their creativity.
"What I did this summer"
September 07, 2014
- Travel around the world with our interactive map to learn how Ohio State students spent their summer "breaks."
Gateways strengthen ties, create opportunities
September 07, 2014
- Ohio State is creating a Buckeye presence that goes far beyond the borders of Ohio or the United States with the help of its three Global Gateways located in China, India and Brazil.
August 30, 2014
- Check out this year’s game day television spot: #ThisisOhioState. Catching a game in the Shoe this season? Check the scoreboard for points of pride about Ohio State.