Feature by category
Currently showing features tagged with "Academics"
March 12, 2014
- Over the last four years, Aaron Craft has given his all.
This Ohio native son has shown grit on the basketball court, drive in the classroom, and compassion through community service. Here is a closer look at the backstory of Ohio State's beloved No. 4.
A warm Buckeye welcome
January 31, 2014
- On January 30, Ohio State announced Dr. Michael Drake as the university's 15th president. The university community gave the president-designate and his wife, Brenda, a warm welcome--on campus and on the Web. Scroll through our Storify to see social media highlights.
A healthy 2014
December 30, 2013
- Want to make better health choices? Use Ohio State research as a guide.
December 04, 2013
- Ohio State boasts a record number of Fulbright recipients this year. Use our interactive map to find out about 16 Buckeyes teaching and studying around the world.
Ohio State hosts National Conversation on American Unity
October 15, 2013
- Amid a federal government shutdown, Ohio State hosts a conversation on American Unity. "Today, more than ever, we need solutions that bring people together and set aside partisan rancor," says Interim President Joseph A. Alutto.
Fall arts at Ohio State
September 18, 2013
- From Shakespeare to Sun Ra, there's something for every taste this fall at Ohio State. Local and international musicians, actors, dancers and visual artists visit the campus to share the arts with the Columbus community.
As seen on TV
September 11, 2013
- Ohio State's game-day TV spot shines a spotlight on the student experience.
September 10, 2013
- When Buckeyes chase a world speed record, their education--and future careers--hit the fast lane.
Finding Your Way
August 12, 2013
- You never forget your first day at Ohio State. Just ask one of our 500,000-plus living alumni. Their stories are different, but they repeat a two-word mantra: get involved. Read on to find out how five alumni became Buckeyes.
Full Speed Ahead
August 12, 2013
- "My job is simply to create an environment in which faculty can succeed and students can do more than they ever thought possible." - Interim President Joseph A. Alutto
July 10, 2013
- Education brings a lifetime of benefits to people, from greater economic opportunities to job satisfaction to better health. Ohio State researchers are studying how people learn best--from preschool to old age, and everywhere in between.
May 23, 2013
- Buckeye alum Chris Wedge has won an Oscar, co-founded a film studio, and developed the Ice Age series. His new 3D animated film is Epic.
Ohio State joins immigration reform conversation
April 04, 2013
- Ohio State is a 21st-century melting pot for new ideas and perspectives--and national policy leaders are taking notice. Acting U.S. Labor Secretary Seth Harris recently came to campus for a conversation on immigration reform.
Congrats to the Class of 2013!
April 01, 2013
- Ohio State grads are ready to change the world. They're tackling the world's biggest challenges and committing themselves to service, locally and globally--all while remembering their Buckeye roots.
Denman Undergraduate Research Forum
March 22, 2013
- At Ohio State's Denman Forum, more than 700 young scholars shared research projects representing nearly every college and department on campus.
March 01, 2013
- Best of luck to the Buckeyes as they head into March Madness!
February 26, 2013
- Congratulations to Ohio State alumni who worked on the Oscar-winning Brave! Steve May, chief technology officer at Pixar, is one of several Buckeyes who worked on the film, the Best Animated Feature.
President Gee on the Future of Higher Ed
January 31, 2013
- Too many college students across the nation aren't graduating. President E. Gordon Gee is at the helm of a national commission tasked with finding solutions.
Digital First at Ohio State
January 07, 2013
- Digital First is transforming the Ohio State community, from the way professors design courses to how students perform fieldwork.
November 08, 2012
- From renewable energy to the link between health and food, Ohio State faculty are tackling major societal issues that affect everyday lives.
Ohio State kicks off fundraising campaign
October 03, 2012
- But for Ohio State, the university's $2.5 billion fundraising campaign, will take Ohio State from excellence to eminence--using research and innovation to solve major world problems while supporting students and faculty on a world-class campus.
Toward a cancer-free world
September 29, 2012
- Ohio State's work toward a cancer-free world is the focus of a new game-day TV spot.
President Gee's State Tour
September 03, 2012
- Each summer, President E. Gordon Gee travels Ohio, meeting everyone from future Buckeyes to alumni who are making the state a better place.
September 01, 2012
- This year's first fall TV spot, which airs during Ohio State football games, focuses on energy research—part of a major university push toward a more sustainable future.
What I Did This Summer
August 27, 2012
- From helping orphans in Ghana to going behind the scenes at ESPN and Disney, Ohio State students made the most of their summer break. Here, Buckeyes share their stories of service, studying, career-building, and sightseeing.
SCARLET Laser Focus
August 09, 2012
- Ohio State's new SCARLET laser sets the stage for decades of research in areas as diverse as cancer therapy and fusion energy.
July 09, 2012
- As World War II veterans returned to the beaches where they fought and survived, they shared stories with the Ohio State students at their sides. Now those memories—entrusted to Buckeyes—live on.
May 30, 2012
- Outstanding Ohio State students have won prestigious awards, grants, and scholarships—bravo! It’s recognition that proves they’re in the big leagues.
The Big Ideas
January 01, 2012
- Whether it's finding cancer early enough to save lives or revamping the way we think of "old folks' homes," seven Ohio State faculty members shared ideas to change the world.