Feature by category
Currently showing features tagged with "Arts"
Season in review
December 04, 2014
- As the Buckeyes head into the playoffs, the 2014 football season has been memorable -- from celebrating 125 seasons of Buckeye football to a win against Michigan. See the best moments as told in our words and from our Buckeye fans and friends.
Success with the Game of Life
October 02, 2014
- Reuben Klamer, Class of 1944, is a titan of the toy industry, credited with more than 200 creations, including the Game of Life. He returns to Ohio State to meet with students and give back to his alma mater.
Behind the scenes of halftime magic
September 30, 2014
- It takes ingenuity and hard work to pull off halftime shows that go viral before the last seconds tick off at a Buckeye football game. In the videos below, see how The Ohio State University Marching Band brought the Wizard of Oz, The Rolling Stones and many more to Ohio Stadium this season.
Bringing the arts to campus for 25 years
September 17, 2014
- With the exhibition Transfigurations at the heart of its celebration, this fall the Wexner Center for the Arts marks 25 years as the first fully multidisciplinary arts institution on a university campus. Since 1989, it has supported the work of hundreds of artists; curated exhibitions from Leibovitz to Warhol; brought Hollywood to Ohio State; featured a wide array of theater, dance and music; and inspired countless youth to seize their creativity.
"What I did this summer"
September 07, 2014
- Travel around the world with our interactive map to learn how Ohio State students spent their summer "breaks."
August 30, 2014
- Check out this year’s game day television spot: #ThisisOhioState. Catching a game in the Shoe this season? Check the scoreboard for points of pride about Ohio State.
July 15, 2014
- Ohio State fielded a record number of Fulbright Scholars during the 2013-14 academic year. Learn more about these faculty members' projects and experiences with this interactive map showing their work around the world.
Weinland Park Story Book
June 09, 2014
- In the summer of 2013, a group of teenagers and an educator from the Wexner Center for the Arts spread out across a low-income neighborhood just a few blocks from the Ohio State campus. They fought through rain, sunburn and blistered feet to gather community members’ stories about life during a time of transition and turned it into art: the Weinland Park Story Book.
Winter arts at Ohio State
January 29, 2014
- This season, arts abound at Ohio State. International flair, classic tales and unlimited creativity shape the winter arts offerings.
Fall arts at Ohio State
September 18, 2013
- From Shakespeare to Sun Ra, there's something for every taste this fall at Ohio State. Local and international musicians, actors, dancers and visual artists visit the campus to share the arts with the Columbus community.
May 23, 2013
- Buckeye alum Chris Wedge has won an Oscar, co-founded a film studio, and developed the Ice Age series. His new 3D animated film is Epic.
Ohio State kicks off fundraising campaign
October 03, 2012
- But for Ohio State, the university's $2.5 billion fundraising campaign, will take Ohio State from excellence to eminence--using research and innovation to solve major world problems while supporting students and faculty on a world-class campus.
Fall arts at Ohio State
September 30, 2012
- Annie Leibovitz's work has been in magazines from Vanity Fair to Rolling Stone—and now, through a Wexner Center exhibition, the renowned American portrait photographer has a presence on Ohio State's campus.
The Big Ideas
January 01, 2012
- Whether it's finding cancer early enough to save lives or revamping the way we think of "old folks' homes," seven Ohio State faculty members shared ideas to change the world.