Feature by category
Currently showing features tagged with "Athletics"
August 30, 2014
- Check out this year’s game day television spot: #ThisisOhioState. Catching a game in the Shoe this season? Check the scoreboard for points of pride about Ohio State.
125 years of Buckeye football
August 25, 2014
- This season, Ohio State celebrates 125 years of Buckeye football. This timeline takes you from a vastly different game played in 1890 through the decades of game day traditions, seven national championships and every Heisman Trophy to present day. Check out coverage all season long via #GoBucks125.
Three graduates to watch
April 23, 2014
- At Ohio State, an ordinary day can turn into something extraordinary. It’s a unique experience – a “Buckeye moment.”
April 03, 2014
- In Ethiopia, cervical cancer kills thousands of women each year, and stray rabid dogs routinely endanger the human population. Ohio State has partnered with academic institutions and service agencies in Ethiopia to tackle these issues and others with the bold goal of improving global health.
Aaron Craft timeline
March 12, 2014
- Over the last four years, Aaron Craft has given his all.
This Ohio native son has shown grit on the basketball court, drive in the classroom, and compassion through community service. Here is a closer look at the backstory of Ohio State's beloved No. 4.
February 03, 2014
- Congrats to Buckeye Olympians including Natalie Spooner, who helped Canada win gold.
A warm Buckeye welcome
January 31, 2014
- On January 30, Ohio State announced Dr. Michael Drake as the university's 15th president. The university community gave the president-designate and his wife, Brenda, a warm welcome--on campus and on the Web. Scroll through our Storify to see social media highlights.
Player of the century
December 27, 2013
- Congratulations to Buckeye Archie Griffin, recently named the Rose Bowl’s All-Century Player.
Go Bucks! Beat Michigan!
November 21, 2013
- On Nov. 30, the Buckeyes take on the Wolverines at Ann Arbor--the 110th occasion of a game that's recognized as one of the greatest sports rivalries of all time. Use our interactive timeline to take a look back at The Game, from its humble 1901 inception in Columbus to the 1950 Snow Bowl to the Urban Era.
Brutus through the years
September 24, 2013
- The seasons pass, the years will roll, and Brutus will transform. See how he became the mascot Buckeyes know and love.
As seen on TV
September 11, 2013
- Ohio State's game-day TV spot shines a spotlight on the student experience.
March 01, 2013
- Best of luck to the Buckeyes as they head into March Madness!
"Pay it forward"
January 01, 2013
- "You can never pay back, so you should always try to pay forward." -- Coach Woody Hayes
November 24, 2012
- Thanks, Buckeyes and Coach Meyer, for a 12-0 season!
Ohio State kicks off fundraising campaign
October 03, 2012
- But for Ohio State, the university's $2.5 billion fundraising campaign, will take Ohio State from excellence to eminence--using research and innovation to solve major world problems while supporting students and faculty on a world-class campus.
What I Did This Summer
August 27, 2012
- From helping orphans in Ghana to going behind the scenes at ESPN and Disney, Ohio State students made the most of their summer break. Here, Buckeyes share their stories of service, studying, career-building, and sightseeing.
Scarlet and Gray Legacy
August 26, 2012
- When Coach Urban Meyer steps into the Shoe to coach his first game, he'll join a long line of Buckeye football coaches.
July 23, 2012
- Best of luck to the Buckeyes competing in London!