Feature by category
Currently showing features tagged with "Athletics"
Upp and coming
February 23, 2015
- For men's basketball student manager Derek Upp, being a Buckeye means being a part of a family, inspiring Buckeye Nation and paying forward for other kids with disabilities.
January 30, 2015
- Whether it’s choosing the perfect major, providing life-saving medical care or being part of a long-standing tradition, there are many ways to find Buckeye love at Ohio State. Here are 14 reasons to love Ohio State.
January 13, 2015
- The Buckeyes are returning to Columbus as national champions - a historic end to a historic season. Relive the game’s highlights through photos, fan reaction and national coverage.
Good luck, Buckeyes!
January 08, 2015
- Cie Grant, a member of Ohio State's 2002 National Championship team and #BuckeyeForLife, leads a chorus of fans wishing this year's team luck in Monday night's first College Football Playoff National Championship.
Onto the national championship!
January 06, 2015
- Victory was so sweet in New Orleans on Jan. 1 for the Buckeyes, and now attention is turning to a face-off with the Oregon Ducks in the inaugural College Football Playoff National Championship.
2014: year in review
December 29, 2014
- Welcoming a new university president, sending a record number of Fulbright scholars across the world, unparalleled fundraising for cancer research and celebrating more than 15,000 Buckeyes earning their degrees — these are just a few of the highlights from a thrilling 2014 at Ohio State.
Season in review
December 04, 2014
- As the Buckeyes head into the playoffs, the 2014 football season has been memorable -- from celebrating 125 seasons of Buckeye football to a win against Michigan. See the best moments as told in our words and from our Buckeye fans and friends.
Rivals and partners
November 21, 2014
- One of college football's most storied rivalries comes to Ohio Stadium on Nov. 29, when the Buckeyes face down the Wolverines. Use our interactive timeline to take a look back at The Game, and check out the ways Ohio State and Michigan partner together off the field to advance research.
Eye on the ball
October 03, 2014
- Batter up! It takes great hitting to win the World Series. Could optometry research at Ohio State uncover the subtleties of a better batting average?
Behind the scenes of halftime magic
September 30, 2014
- It takes ingenuity and hard work to pull off halftime shows that go viral before the last seconds tick off at a Buckeye football game. In the videos below, see how The Ohio State University Marching Band brought the Wizard of Oz, The Rolling Stones and many more to Ohio Stadium this season.
"What I did this summer"
September 07, 2014
- Travel around the world with our interactive map to learn how Ohio State students spent their summer "breaks."
August 30, 2014
- Check out this year’s game day television spot: #ThisisOhioState. Catching a game in the Shoe this season? Check the scoreboard for points of pride about Ohio State.
125 seasons of Buckeye football
August 25, 2014
- This fall, Ohio State celebrates 125 seasons of Buckeye football. This timeline takes you from a vastly different game played in 1890 through the decades of game day traditions, seven national championships and every Heisman Trophy to present day. Check out coverage all season long via #GoBucks125.
Three graduates to watch
April 23, 2014
- At Ohio State, an ordinary day can turn into something extraordinary. It’s a unique experience – a “Buckeye moment.”
April 03, 2014
- In Ethiopia, cervical cancer kills thousands of women each year, and stray rabid dogs routinely endanger the human population. Ohio State has partnered with academic institutions and service agencies in Ethiopia to tackle these issues and others with the bold goal of improving global health.
Aaron Craft timeline
March 12, 2014
- Over the last four years, Aaron Craft has given his all.
This Ohio native son has shown grit on the basketball court, drive in the classroom, and compassion through community service. Here is a closer look at the backstory of Ohio State's beloved No. 4.
February 03, 2014
- Congrats to Buckeye Olympians including Natalie Spooner, who helped Canada win gold.
A warm Buckeye welcome
January 31, 2014
- On January 30, Ohio State announced Dr. Michael Drake as the university's 15th president. The university community gave the president-designate and his wife, Brenda, a warm welcome--on campus and on the Web. Scroll through our Storify to see social media highlights.
Player of the century
December 27, 2013
- Congratulations to Buckeye Archie Griffin, recently named the Rose Bowl’s All-Century Player.
Go Bucks! Beat Michigan!
November 21, 2013
- On Nov. 30, the Buckeyes take on the Wolverines at Ann Arbor--the 110th occasion of a game that's recognized as one of the greatest sports rivalries of all time. Use our interactive timeline to take a look back at The Game, from its humble 1901 inception in Columbus to the 1950 Snow Bowl to the Urban Era.
Brutus through the years
September 24, 2013
- The seasons pass, the years will roll, and Brutus will transform. See how he became the mascot Buckeyes know and love.
As seen on TV
September 11, 2013
- Ohio State's game-day TV spot shines a spotlight on the student experience.
March 01, 2013
- Best of luck to the Buckeyes as they head into March Madness!
"Pay it forward"
January 01, 2013
- "You can never pay back, so you should always try to pay forward." -- Coach Woody Hayes
November 24, 2012
- Thanks, Buckeyes and Coach Meyer, for a 12-0 season!
Ohio State kicks off fundraising campaign
October 03, 2012
- But for Ohio State, the university's $2.5 billion fundraising campaign, will take Ohio State from excellence to eminence--using research and innovation to solve major world problems while supporting students and faculty on a world-class campus.
What I Did This Summer
August 27, 2012
- From helping orphans in Ghana to going behind the scenes at ESPN and Disney, Ohio State students made the most of their summer break. Here, Buckeyes share their stories of service, studying, career-building, and sightseeing.
Scarlet and Gray Legacy
August 26, 2012
- When Coach Urban Meyer steps into the Shoe to coach his first game, he'll join a long line of Buckeye football coaches.
July 23, 2012
- Best of luck to the Buckeyes competing in London!