Feature by category
Currently showing features tagged with "Diversity"
Return to the water
October 17, 2014
- Blake Haxton arrived on Ohio State’s campus as a patient at the Wexner Medical Center, where doctors fought against incredibly bleak odds to save his life. Today, Haxton is a Fisher College of Business graduate, a Moritz College of Law student and a member of the U.S. Para-rowing national team – with sights set on the Paralympics in 2016.
Gateways strengthen ties, create opportunities
September 07, 2014
- Ohio State is creating a Buckeye presence that goes far beyond the borders of Ohio or the United States with the help of its three Global Gateways located in China, India and Brazil.
August 30, 2014
- Check out this year’s game day television spot: #ThisisOhioState. Catching a game in the Shoe this season? Check the scoreboard for points of pride about Ohio State.
Hidden gems on campus
August 13, 2014
- As a new school year arrives, it's a beautiful time of year to take a closer look at campus, whether you're a first-year student or an alum coming home to visit.
Weinland Park Story Book
June 09, 2014
- In the summer of 2013, a group of teenagers and an educator from the Wexner Center for the Arts spread out across a low-income neighborhood just a few blocks from the Ohio State campus. They fought through rain, sunburn and blistered feet to gather community members’ stories about life during a time of transition and turned it into art: the Weinland Park Story Book.
Their Buckeye moment: Commencement
May 05, 2014
- Congratulations to the 10,200 newest alumni of The Ohio State University! Experience the sights, sounds and sentiments of Commencement Day in the words of the Class of 2014.
Three graduates to watch
April 23, 2014
- At Ohio State, an ordinary day can turn into something extraordinary. It’s a unique experience – a “Buckeye moment.”
Ohio State's Denman Forum showcases undergrad research
March 20, 2014
- At Ohio State's Denman Forum, hundreds of undergraduate researchers show off their studies. Their projects seek to solve a gamut of complicated problems, from cancer to energy crises to discrimination.
A warm Buckeye welcome
January 31, 2014
- On January 30, Ohio State announced Dr. Michael Drake as the university's 15th president. The university community gave the president-designate and his wife, Brenda, a warm welcome--on campus and on the Web. Scroll through our Storify to see social media highlights.
Finding Your Way
August 12, 2013
- You never forget your first day at Ohio State. Just ask one of our 500,000-plus living alumni. Their stories are different, but they repeat a two-word mantra: get involved. Read on to find out how five alumni became Buckeyes.
Pay it forward
April 21, 2013
- From dancing for a cure to alternative break programs, Ohio State students are big on service.
Ohio State joins immigration reform conversation
April 04, 2013
- Ohio State is a 21st-century melting pot for new ideas and perspectives--and national policy leaders are taking notice. Acting U.S. Labor Secretary Seth Harris recently came to campus for a conversation on immigration reform.
Congrats to the Class of 2013!
April 01, 2013
- Ohio State grads are ready to change the world. They're tackling the world's biggest challenges and committing themselves to service, locally and globally--all while remembering their Buckeye roots.
The Lost Boys of Sudan
January 02, 2013
- Once Lost Boys of Sudan, Bol Aweng and Jok Dau are now proud Ohio State alumni, working with fellow Buckeyes to save children in their homeland.
November 07, 2012
- On Veterans Day, Ohio State salutes servicemen and women at home (more than 3,000 on campus) and around the world.
Ohio State kicks off fundraising campaign
October 03, 2012
- But for Ohio State, the university's $2.5 billion fundraising campaign, will take Ohio State from excellence to eminence--using research and innovation to solve major world problems while supporting students and faculty on a world-class campus.