Feature by category
Currently showing features tagged with "Faculty"
Bringing the arts to campus for 25 years
September 17, 2014
- With the exhibition Transfigurations at the heart of its celebration, this fall the Wexner Center for the Arts marks 25 years as the first fully multidisciplinary arts institution on a university campus. Since 1989, it has supported the work of hundreds of artists; curated exhibitions from Leibovitz to Warhol; brought Hollywood to Ohio State; featured a wide array of theater, dance and music; and inspired countless youth to seize their creativity.
Gateways strengthen ties, create opportunities
September 07, 2014
- Ohio State is creating a Buckeye presence that goes far beyond the borders of Ohio or the United States with the help of its three Global Gateways located in China, India and Brazil.
August 30, 2014
- Check out this year’s game day television spot: #ThisisOhioState. Catching a game in the Shoe this season? Check the scoreboard for points of pride about Ohio State.
Hidden gems on campus
August 13, 2014
- As a new school year arrives, it's a beautiful time of year to take a closer look at campus, whether you're a first-year student or an alum coming home to visit.
Ohio State app updated
July 25, 2014
- As students return to campus this fall, the popular Ohio State app has new features in its latest version, including Carmen grades, advising information and maps with improved parking garage information.
July 15, 2014
- Ohio State fielded a record number of Fulbright Scholars during the 2013-14 academic year. Learn more about these faculty members' projects and experiences with this interactive map showing their work around the world.
Campus and beyond: President Drake's first day
June 30, 2014
- President Michael V. Drake spent his first day meeting with students, faculty and staff before taking part in a community-wide partnership that includes Ohio State and will improve the lives of people living on Columbus’ Near East Side.
June 18, 2014
- Interim President Joseph A. Alutto reflects on the importance of Ohio State’s historic land-grant mission and its critical role for the future.
May 06, 2014
- Thousands of new Buckeyes will visit Ohio State’s campus this summer for orientation. What will they discover?
Happy cats, healthy cats
April 28, 2014
- Dr. Tony Buffington has spent a career researching the physiological effects of environmental stressors on cats – and applying lessons learned to human suffering. In a new digital book and iTunes U course, he explains the relationship between happiness and good health.
Recognizing excellence 2014
April 23, 2014
- Smiles, confusion, laughter and even some tears can accompany the surprise visits from university leaders every spring, as faculty around Ohio State are recognized for excellence in the classroom, in research and in service.
Ohio State's Denman Forum showcases undergrad research
March 20, 2014
- At Ohio State's Denman Forum, hundreds of undergraduate researchers show off their studies. Their projects seek to solve a gamut of complicated problems, from cancer to energy crises to discrimination.
Innovation at Ohio State
February 21, 2014
- Eureka! From a better ice cream cone to a vaccine that can prevent cancer in cats, the discovery of Freon for refrigeration to the use of ice cores, Ohio State has a long history of solving problems that affect our lives. See Ohio State discoveries and inventions through the years.
A warm Buckeye welcome
January 31, 2014
- On January 30, Ohio State announced Dr. Michael Drake as the university's 15th president. The university community gave the president-designate and his wife, Brenda, a warm welcome--on campus and on the Web. Scroll through our Storify to see social media highlights.
Winter arts at Ohio State
January 29, 2014
- This season, arts abound at Ohio State. International flair, classic tales and unlimited creativity shape the winter arts offerings.
Ohio State hosts National Conversation on American Unity
October 15, 2013
- Amid a federal government shutdown, Ohio State hosts a conversation on American Unity. "Today, more than ever, we need solutions that bring people together and set aside partisan rancor," says Interim President Joseph A. Alutto.
September 10, 2013
- When Buckeyes chase a world speed record, their education--and future careers--hit the fast lane.
Full Speed Ahead
August 12, 2013
- "My job is simply to create an environment in which faculty can succeed and students can do more than they ever thought possible." - Interim President Joseph A. Alutto
July 10, 2013
- Education brings a lifetime of benefits to people, from greater economic opportunities to job satisfaction to better health. Ohio State researchers are studying how people learn best--from preschool to old age, and everywhere in between.
Ohio State joins immigration reform conversation
April 04, 2013
- Ohio State is a 21st-century melting pot for new ideas and perspectives--and national policy leaders are taking notice. Acting U.S. Labor Secretary Seth Harris recently came to campus for a conversation on immigration reform.
Digital First at Ohio State
January 07, 2013
- Digital First is transforming the Ohio State community, from the way professors design courses to how students perform fieldwork.
January 01, 2013
- New Year's brings a focus on healthy living. Have a goal to reach? Take Ohio State experts' advice.
A cornucopia of research
November 19, 2012
- The holidays bring a big focus on food--but for Ohio State researchers, food safety is a yearlong job.
November 08, 2012
- From renewable energy to the link between health and food, Ohio State faculty are tackling major societal issues that affect everyday lives.
Ohio State kicks off fundraising campaign
October 03, 2012
- But for Ohio State, the university's $2.5 billion fundraising campaign, will take Ohio State from excellence to eminence--using research and innovation to solve major world problems while supporting students and faculty on a world-class campus.
Fall arts at Ohio State
September 30, 2012
- Annie Leibovitz's work has been in magazines from Vanity Fair to Rolling Stone—and now, through a Wexner Center exhibition, the renowned American portrait photographer has a presence on Ohio State's campus.
Toward a cancer-free world
September 29, 2012
- Ohio State's work toward a cancer-free world is the focus of a new game-day TV spot.
July 09, 2012
- As World War II veterans returned to the beaches where they fought and survived, they shared stories with the Ohio State students at their sides. Now those memories—entrusted to Buckeyes—live on.
June 05, 2012
- One-third of American adults are obese--and it's not all because of poor diet and exercise habits. Ohio State researchers are finding out how to help.
Invention to Innovation to Impact
April 05, 2012
- With a new Technology Commercialization headquarters at South Campus Gateway and an innovative partnership with Ohio University, Ohio State is intensifying its focus on bringing cutting-edge research to the marketplace.
President Obama Visits Ohio State
March 23, 2012
- On March 22, President Obama visited Ohio State's Center for Automotive Research, where he met students working on alternative energy.
The Big Ideas
January 01, 2012
- Whether it's finding cancer early enough to save lives or revamping the way we think of "old folks' homes," seven Ohio State faculty members shared ideas to change the world.
October 31, 2011
- OSU Mobile app is now available for Android devices!