Feature by category
Currently showing features tagged with "Faculty"
Ohio State hosts National Conversation on American Unity
October 15, 2013
- Amid a federal government shutdown, Ohio State hosts a conversation on American Unity. "Today, more than ever, we need solutions that bring people together and set aside partisan rancor," says Interim President Joseph A. Alutto.
September 10, 2013
- When Buckeyes chase a world speed record, their education--and future careers--hit the fast lane.
Full Speed Ahead
August 12, 2013
- "My job is simply to create an environment in which faculty can succeed and students can do more than they ever thought possible." - Interim President Joseph A. Alutto
July 10, 2013
- Education brings a lifetime of benefits to people, from greater economic opportunities to job satisfaction to better health. Ohio State researchers are studying how people learn best--from preschool to old age, and everywhere in between.
Ohio State joins immigration reform conversation
April 04, 2013
- Ohio State is a 21st-century melting pot for new ideas and perspectives--and national policy leaders are taking notice. Acting U.S. Labor Secretary Seth Harris recently came to campus for a conversation on immigration reform.
Digital First at Ohio State
January 07, 2013
- Digital First is transforming the Ohio State community, from the way professors design courses to how students perform fieldwork.
January 01, 2013
- New Year's brings a focus on healthy living. Have a goal to reach? Take Ohio State experts' advice.
A cornucopia of research
November 19, 2012
- The holidays bring a big focus on food--but for Ohio State researchers, food safety is a yearlong job.
November 08, 2012
- From renewable energy to the link between health and food, Ohio State faculty are tackling major societal issues that affect everyday lives.
Ohio State kicks off fundraising campaign
October 03, 2012
- But for Ohio State, the university's $2.5 billion fundraising campaign, will take Ohio State from excellence to eminence--using research and innovation to solve major world problems while supporting students and faculty on a world-class campus.
Fall arts at Ohio State
September 30, 2012
- Annie Leibovitz's work has been in magazines from Vanity Fair to Rolling Stone—and now, through a Wexner Center exhibition, the renowned American portrait photographer has a presence on Ohio State's campus.
Toward a cancer-free world
September 29, 2012
- Ohio State's work toward a cancer-free world is the focus of a new game-day TV spot.
President Gee's State Tour
September 03, 2012
- Each summer, President E. Gordon Gee travels Ohio, meeting everyone from future Buckeyes to alumni who are making the state a better place.
July 09, 2012
- As World War II veterans returned to the beaches where they fought and survived, they shared stories with the Ohio State students at their sides. Now those memories—entrusted to Buckeyes—live on.
June 05, 2012
- One-third of American adults are obese--and it's not all because of poor diet and exercise habits. Ohio State researchers are finding out how to help.
Invention to Innovation to Impact
April 05, 2012
- With a new Technology Commercialization headquarters at South Campus Gateway and an innovative partnership with Ohio University, Ohio State is intensifying its focus on bringing cutting-edge research to the marketplace.
President Obama Visits Ohio State
March 23, 2012
- On March 22, President Obama visited Ohio State's Center for Automotive Research, where he met students working on alternative energy.
The Big Ideas
January 01, 2012
- Whether it's finding cancer early enough to save lives or revamping the way we think of "old folks' homes," seven Ohio State faculty members shared ideas to change the world.
October 31, 2011
- OSU Mobile app is now available for Android devices!