Feature by category
Currently showing features tagged with "Health/Wellness"
April 03, 2014
- In Ethiopia, cervical cancer kills thousands of women each year, and stray rabid dogs routinely endanger the human population. Ohio State has partnered with academic institutions and service agencies in Ethiopia to tackle these issues and others with the bold goal of improving global health.
Ohio State's Denman Forum showcases undergrad research
March 20, 2014
- At Ohio State's Denman Forum, hundreds of undergraduate researchers show off their studies. Their projects seek to solve a gamut of complicated problems, from cancer to energy crises to discrimination.
Innovation at Ohio State
February 21, 2014
- Eureka! From a better ice cream cone to a vaccine that can prevent cancer in cats, the discovery of Freon for refrigeration to the use of ice cores, Ohio State has a long history of solving problems that affect our lives. See Ohio State discoveries and inventions through the years.
A healthy 2014
December 30, 2013
- Want to make better health choices? Use Ohio State research as a guide.
July 19, 2013
- $49.5 million. That’s what Pelotonia riders have raised since 2009 for innovative cancer research—and each dollar goes directly to research at Ohio State.
Congrats to the Class of 2013!
April 01, 2013
- Ohio State grads are ready to change the world. They're tackling the world's biggest challenges and committing themselves to service, locally and globally--all while remembering their Buckeye roots.
January 01, 2013
- New Year's brings a focus on healthy living. Have a goal to reach? Take Ohio State experts' advice.
A cornucopia of research
November 19, 2012
- The holidays bring a big focus on food--but for Ohio State researchers, food safety is a yearlong job.
November 08, 2012
- From renewable energy to the link between health and food, Ohio State faculty are tackling major societal issues that affect everyday lives.
The heart of innovation
October 27, 2012
- Ohio State is at the forefront of heart care, with cardiac specialists working side by side with researchers across campus to uncover the secrets of heart disease.
Ohio State kicks off fundraising campaign
October 03, 2012
- But for Ohio State, the university's $2.5 billion fundraising campaign, will take Ohio State from excellence to eminence--using research and innovation to solve major world problems while supporting students and faculty on a world-class campus.
Toward a cancer-free world
September 29, 2012
- Ohio State's work toward a cancer-free world is the focus of a new game-day TV spot.
President Gee's State Tour
September 03, 2012
- Each summer, President E. Gordon Gee travels Ohio, meeting everyone from future Buckeyes to alumni who are making the state a better place.
What I Did This Summer
August 27, 2012
- From helping orphans in Ghana to going behind the scenes at ESPN and Disney, Ohio State students made the most of their summer break. Here, Buckeyes share their stories of service, studying, career-building, and sightseeing.
SCARLET Laser Focus
August 09, 2012
- Ohio State's new SCARLET laser sets the stage for decades of research in areas as diverse as cancer therapy and fusion energy.
August 04, 2012
- Since 2009, Pelotonia riders have raised $25 million for cancer research. Every penny goes directly to innovative cancer research at Ohio State's Comprehensive Cancer Center-James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute.
June 05, 2012
- One-third of American adults are obese--and it's not all because of poor diet and exercise habits. Ohio State researchers are finding out how to help.
May 03, 2012
- TEDx is dedicated to "ideas worth spreading." Buckeyes have plenty of those—so Ohio State students recently organized the first TEDxOhioStateUniversity.
The Big Ideas
January 01, 2012
- Whether it's finding cancer early enough to save lives or revamping the way we think of "old folks' homes," seven Ohio State faculty members shared ideas to change the world.