Feature by category
Currently showing features tagged with "Research/Innovation"
Eye on the ball
October 03, 2014
- Batter up! It takes great hitting to win the World Series. Could optometry research at Ohio State uncover the subtleties of a better batting average?
Success with the Game of Life
October 02, 2014
- Reuben Klamer, Class of 1944, is a titan of the toy industry, credited with more than 200 creations, including the Game of Life. He returns to Ohio State to meet with students and give back to his alma mater.
Cancer fight at Ohio State gains momentum
September 23, 2014
- The Midwest’s largest cancer hospital is about to open at Ohio State, and a globally recognized leader in the fight against cancer is taking the helm at Pelotonia, which has raised $61 million for cancer research at Ohio State.
"What I did this summer"
September 07, 2014
- Travel around the world with our interactive map to learn how Ohio State students spent their summer "breaks."
Gateways strengthen ties, create opportunities
September 07, 2014
- Ohio State is creating a Buckeye presence that goes far beyond the borders of Ohio or the United States with the help of its three Global Gateways located in China, India and Brazil.
August 30, 2014
- Check out this year’s game day television spot: #ThisisOhioState. Catching a game in the Shoe this season? Check the scoreboard for points of pride about Ohio State.
July 15, 2014
- Ohio State fielded a record number of Fulbright Scholars during the 2013-14 academic year. Learn more about these faculty members' projects and experiences with this interactive map showing their work around the world.
June 18, 2014
- Interim President Joseph A. Alutto reflects on the importance of Ohio State’s historic land-grant mission and its critical role for the future.
Happy cats, healthy cats
April 28, 2014
- Dr. Tony Buffington has spent a career researching the physiological effects of environmental stressors on cats – and applying lessons learned to human suffering. In a new digital book and iTunes U course, he explains the relationship between happiness and good health.
Recognizing excellence 2014
April 23, 2014
- Smiles, confusion, laughter and even some tears can accompany the surprise visits from university leaders every spring, as faculty around Ohio State are recognized for excellence in the classroom, in research and in service.
Sustainability solutions tested daily at Ohio State
April 15, 2014
- Green is another color celebrated at Ohio State on a daily basis, and this Earth Day the university is being recognized for its sustainability efforts. Ohio State is a finalist for the 2014 Second Nature Climate Leadership Award, which recognizes innovation and leadership for sustainability, climate mitigation and adaptation.
Ohio State's Denman Forum showcases undergrad research
March 20, 2014
- At Ohio State's Denman Forum, hundreds of undergraduate researchers show off their studies. Their projects seek to solve a gamut of complicated problems, from cancer to energy crises to discrimination.
Innovation at Ohio State
February 21, 2014
- Eureka! From a better ice cream cone to a vaccine that can prevent cancer in cats, the discovery of Freon for refrigeration to the use of ice cores, Ohio State has a long history of solving problems that affect our lives. See Ohio State discoveries and inventions through the years.
A healthy 2014
December 30, 2013
- Want to make better health choices? Use Ohio State research as a guide.
December 04, 2013
- Ohio State boasts a record number of Fulbright recipients this year. Use our interactive map to find out about 16 Buckeyes teaching and studying around the world.
The highest-tech band in the land
September 23, 2013
- The Ohio State Marching Band is going green by using iPads to learn halftime patterns and music--and saving some money in the process.
As seen on TV
September 11, 2013
- Ohio State's game-day TV spot shines a spotlight on the student experience.
September 10, 2013
- When Buckeyes chase a world speed record, their education--and future careers--hit the fast lane.
July 19, 2013
- $49.5 million. That’s what Pelotonia riders have raised since 2009 for innovative cancer research—and each dollar goes directly to research at Ohio State.
July 10, 2013
- Education brings a lifetime of benefits to people, from greater economic opportunities to job satisfaction to better health. Ohio State researchers are studying how people learn best--from preschool to old age, and everywhere in between.
May 23, 2013
- Buckeye alum Chris Wedge has won an Oscar, co-founded a film studio, and developed the Ice Age series. His new 3D animated film is Epic.
Congrats to the Class of 2013!
April 01, 2013
- Ohio State grads are ready to change the world. They're tackling the world's biggest challenges and committing themselves to service, locally and globally--all while remembering their Buckeye roots.
Denman Undergraduate Research Forum
March 22, 2013
- At Ohio State's Denman Forum, more than 700 young scholars shared research projects representing nearly every college and department on campus.
Digital First at Ohio State
January 07, 2013
- Digital First is transforming the Ohio State community, from the way professors design courses to how students perform fieldwork.
January 01, 2013
- New Year's brings a focus on healthy living. Have a goal to reach? Take Ohio State experts' advice.
A cornucopia of research
November 19, 2012
- The holidays bring a big focus on food--but for Ohio State researchers, food safety is a yearlong job.
November 08, 2012
- From renewable energy to the link between health and food, Ohio State faculty are tackling major societal issues that affect everyday lives.
The heart of innovation
October 27, 2012
- Ohio State is at the forefront of heart care, with cardiac specialists working side by side with researchers across campus to uncover the secrets of heart disease.
Ohio State kicks off fundraising campaign
October 03, 2012
- But for Ohio State, the university's $2.5 billion fundraising campaign, will take Ohio State from excellence to eminence--using research and innovation to solve major world problems while supporting students and faculty on a world-class campus.
Toward a cancer-free world
September 29, 2012
- Ohio State's work toward a cancer-free world is the focus of a new game-day TV spot.
September 01, 2012
- This year's first fall TV spot, which airs during Ohio State football games, focuses on energy research—part of a major university push toward a more sustainable future.
What I Did This Summer
August 27, 2012
- From helping orphans in Ghana to going behind the scenes at ESPN and Disney, Ohio State students made the most of their summer break. Here, Buckeyes share their stories of service, studying, career-building, and sightseeing.
SCARLET Laser Focus
August 09, 2012
- Ohio State's new SCARLET laser sets the stage for decades of research in areas as diverse as cancer therapy and fusion energy.
August 04, 2012
- Since 2009, Pelotonia riders have raised $25 million for cancer research. Every penny goes directly to innovative cancer research at Ohio State's Comprehensive Cancer Center-James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute.
June 05, 2012
- One-third of American adults are obese--and it's not all because of poor diet and exercise habits. Ohio State researchers are finding out how to help.
May 03, 2012
- TEDx is dedicated to "ideas worth spreading." Buckeyes have plenty of those—so Ohio State students recently organized the first TEDxOhioStateUniversity.
Invention to Innovation to Impact
April 05, 2012
- With a new Technology Commercialization headquarters at South Campus Gateway and an innovative partnership with Ohio University, Ohio State is intensifying its focus on bringing cutting-edge research to the marketplace.
President Obama Visits Ohio State
March 23, 2012
- On March 22, President Obama visited Ohio State's Center for Automotive Research, where he met students working on alternative energy.
October 24, 2011
- Ohio State names comprehensive breast center to honor Stefanie Spielman.