Feature by category
Currently showing features tagged with "Students"
#BuckeyeLove is all around
February 13, 2015
- In February, Buckeyes are sharing their love for Ohio State on social media using #BuckeyeLove. Scroll through to read highlights from Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
January 30, 2015
- Whether it’s choosing the perfect major, providing life-saving medical care or being part of a long-standing tradition, there are many ways to find Buckeye love at Ohio State. Here are 14 reasons to love Ohio State.
January 13, 2015
- The Buckeyes are returning to Columbus as national champions - a historic end to a historic season. Relive the game’s highlights through photos, fan reaction and national coverage.
Good luck, Buckeyes!
January 08, 2015
- Cie Grant, a member of Ohio State's 2002 National Championship team and #BuckeyeForLife, leads a chorus of fans wishing this year's team luck in Monday night's first College Football Playoff National Championship.
January 06, 2015
- Campus is full of beautiful sights following the first snowfalls of 2015.
Onto the national championship!
January 02, 2015
- Victory was so sweet in New Orleans on Jan. 1 for the Buckeyes, and now attention is turning to a face-off with the Oregon Ducks in the inaugural College Football Playoff National Championship.
2014: year in review
December 29, 2014
- Welcoming a new university president, sending a record number of Fulbright scholars across the world, unparalleled fundraising for cancer research and celebrating more than 15,000 Buckeyes earning their degrees — these are just a few of the highlights from a thrilling 2014 at Ohio State.
Season in review
December 04, 2014
- As the Buckeyes head into the playoffs, the 2014 football season has been memorable -- from celebrating 125 seasons of Buckeye football to a win against Michigan. See the best moments as told in our words and from our Buckeye fans and friends.
Rivals and partners
November 21, 2014
- One of college football's most storied rivalries comes to Ohio Stadium on Nov. 29, when the Buckeyes face down the Wolverines. Use our interactive timeline to take a look back at The Game, and check out the ways Ohio State and Michigan partner together off the field to advance research.
A fall week in photos
November 12, 2014
- What does Ohio State look like in fall? Photographers throughout campus recently captured a week in the life of Buckeyes – from sunrise on the Oval to students and researchers huddled in the lab. The big picture: Autumn at Ohio State is beautiful and eventful.
Return to the water
October 17, 2014
- Blake Haxton arrived on Ohio State’s campus as a patient at the Wexner Medical Center, where doctors fought against incredibly bleak odds to save his life. Today, Haxton is a Fisher College of Business graduate, a Moritz College of Law student and a member of the U.S. Para-rowing national team – with sights set on the Paralympics in 2016.
Success with the Game of Life
October 02, 2014
- Reuben Klamer, Class of 1944, is a titan of the toy industry, credited with more than 200 creations, including the Game of Life. He returns to Ohio State to meet with students and give back to his alma mater.
Behind the scenes of halftime magic
September 30, 2014
- It takes ingenuity and hard work to pull off halftime shows that go viral before the last seconds tick off at a Buckeye football game. In the videos below, see how The Ohio State University Marching Band brought the Wizard of Oz, The Rolling Stones and many more to Ohio Stadium this season.
Bringing the arts to campus for 25 years
September 17, 2014
- With the exhibition Transfigurations at the heart of its celebration, this fall the Wexner Center for the Arts marks 25 years as the first fully multidisciplinary arts institution on a university campus. Since 1989, it has supported the work of hundreds of artists; curated exhibitions from Leibovitz to Warhol; brought Hollywood to Ohio State; featured a wide array of theater, dance and music; and inspired countless youth to seize their creativity.
"What I did this summer"
September 07, 2014
- Travel around the world with our interactive map to learn how Ohio State students spent their summer "breaks."
Gateways strengthen ties, create opportunities
September 07, 2014
- Ohio State is creating a Buckeye presence that goes far beyond the borders of Ohio or the United States with the help of its three Global Gateways located in China, India and Brazil.
August 30, 2014
- Check out this year’s game day television spot: #ThisisOhioState. Catching a game in the Shoe this season? Check the scoreboard for points of pride about Ohio State.
125 seasons of Buckeye football
August 25, 2014
- This fall, Ohio State celebrates 125 seasons of Buckeye football. This timeline takes you from a vastly different game played in 1890 through the decades of game day traditions, seven national championships and every Heisman Trophy to present day. Check out coverage all season long via #GoBucks125.
Hidden gems on campus
August 13, 2014
- As a new school year arrives, it's a beautiful time of year to take a closer look at campus, whether you're a first-year student or an alum coming home to visit.
Ohio State app updated
July 25, 2014
- As students return to campus this fall, the popular Ohio State app has new features in its latest version, including Carmen grades, advising information and maps with improved parking garage information.
Campus and beyond: President Drake's first day
June 30, 2014
- President Michael V. Drake spent his first day meeting with students, faculty and staff before taking part in a community-wide partnership that includes Ohio State and will improve the lives of people living on Columbus’ Near East Side.
June 18, 2014
- Interim President Joseph A. Alutto reflects on the importance of Ohio State’s historic land-grant mission and its critical role for the future.
May 06, 2014
- Thousands of new Buckeyes will visit Ohio State’s campus this summer for orientation. What will they discover?
Their Buckeye moment: Commencement
May 05, 2014
- Congratulations to the 10,200 newest alumni of The Ohio State University! Experience the sights, sounds and sentiments of Commencement Day in the words of the Class of 2014.
Three graduates to watch
April 23, 2014
- At Ohio State, an ordinary day can turn into something extraordinary. It’s a unique experience – a “Buckeye moment.”
Sustainability solutions tested daily at Ohio State
April 15, 2014
- Green is another color celebrated at Ohio State on a daily basis, and this Earth Day the university is being recognized for its sustainability efforts. Ohio State is a finalist for the 2014 Second Nature Climate Leadership Award, which recognizes innovation and leadership for sustainability, climate mitigation and adaptation.
Ohio State's Denman Forum showcases undergrad research
March 20, 2014
- At Ohio State's Denman Forum, hundreds of undergraduate researchers show off their studies. Their projects seek to solve a gamut of complicated problems, from cancer to energy crises to discrimination.
Aaron Craft timeline
March 12, 2014
- Over the last four years, Aaron Craft has given his all.
This Ohio native son has shown grit on the basketball court, drive in the classroom, and compassion through community service. Here is a closer look at the backstory of Ohio State's beloved No. 4.
Buckeye love is in the air
February 13, 2014
- In February, Buckeyes share their love. We asked students, alumni, faculty, staff and friends to share their Ohio State love stories using #BuckeyeLove. Scroll through our Storify to read highlights from Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
A warm Buckeye welcome
January 31, 2014
- On January 30, Ohio State announced Dr. Michael Drake as the university's 15th president. The university community gave the president-designate and his wife, Brenda, a warm welcome--on campus and on the Web. Scroll through our Storify to see social media highlights.
December 04, 2013
- Ohio State boasts a record number of Fulbright recipients this year. Use our interactive map to find out about 16 Buckeyes teaching and studying around the world.
December 02, 2013
- Tori Boggs is a nine-time world champ in jump roping. Her top priority? Her academic career at Ohio State, where she's an Honors Collegium student on full scholarship.
Go Bucks! Beat Michigan!
November 21, 2013
- On Nov. 30, the Buckeyes take on the Wolverines at Ann Arbor--the 110th occasion of a game that's recognized as one of the greatest sports rivalries of all time. Use our interactive timeline to take a look back at The Game, from its humble 1901 inception in Columbus to the 1950 Snow Bowl to the Urban Era.
Homecoming/Reunion Weekend 2013
October 09, 2013
- As Ohio State celebrates Homecoming and Reunion Weekend, find out why Betty Schoenbaum, Class of 1939, is still "so thrilled that I'm part of Ohio State."
Brutus through the years
September 24, 2013
- The seasons pass, the years will roll, and Brutus will transform. See how he became the mascot Buckeyes know and love.
The highest-tech band in the land
September 23, 2013
- The Ohio State Marching Band is going green by using iPads to learn halftime patterns and music--and saving some money in the process.
Fall arts at Ohio State
September 18, 2013
- From Shakespeare to Sun Ra, there's something for every taste this fall at Ohio State. Local and international musicians, actors, dancers and visual artists visit the campus to share the arts with the Columbus community.
As seen on TV
September 11, 2013
- Ohio State's game-day TV spot shines a spotlight on the student experience.
September 10, 2013
- When Buckeyes chase a world speed record, their education--and future careers--hit the fast lane.
Finding Your Way
August 12, 2013
- You never forget your first day at Ohio State. Just ask one of our 500,000-plus living alumni. Their stories are different, but they repeat a two-word mantra: get involved. Read on to find out how five alumni became Buckeyes.
Full Speed Ahead
August 12, 2013
- "My job is simply to create an environment in which faculty can succeed and students can do more than they ever thought possible." - Interim President Joseph A. Alutto
Pay it forward
April 21, 2013
- From dancing for a cure to alternative break programs, Ohio State students are big on service.
Ohio State joins immigration reform conversation
April 04, 2013
- Ohio State is a 21st-century melting pot for new ideas and perspectives--and national policy leaders are taking notice. Acting U.S. Labor Secretary Seth Harris recently came to campus for a conversation on immigration reform.
Congrats to the Class of 2013!
April 01, 2013
- Ohio State grads are ready to change the world. They're tackling the world's biggest challenges and committing themselves to service, locally and globally--all while remembering their Buckeye roots.
March 01, 2013
- Best of luck to the Buckeyes as they head into March Madness!
Digital First at Ohio State
January 07, 2013
- Digital First is transforming the Ohio State community, from the way professors design courses to how students perform fieldwork.
The Lost Boys of Sudan
January 02, 2013
- Once Lost Boys of Sudan, Bol Aweng and Jok Dau are now proud Ohio State alumni, working with fellow Buckeyes to save children in their homeland.
November 24, 2012
- Thanks, Buckeyes and Coach Meyer, for a 12-0 season!
A cornucopia of research
November 19, 2012
- The holidays bring a big focus on food--but for Ohio State researchers, food safety is a yearlong job.
November 07, 2012
- On Veterans Day, Ohio State salutes servicemen and women at home (more than 3,000 on campus) and around the world.
Ohio State kicks off fundraising campaign
October 03, 2012
- But for Ohio State, the university's $2.5 billion fundraising campaign, will take Ohio State from excellence to eminence--using research and innovation to solve major world problems while supporting students and faculty on a world-class campus.
Fall arts at Ohio State
September 30, 2012
- Annie Leibovitz's work has been in magazines from Vanity Fair to Rolling Stone—and now, through a Wexner Center exhibition, the renowned American portrait photographer has a presence on Ohio State's campus.
What I Did This Summer
August 27, 2012
- From helping orphans in Ghana to going behind the scenes at ESPN and Disney, Ohio State students made the most of their summer break. Here, Buckeyes share their stories of service, studying, career-building, and sightseeing.
SCARLET Laser Focus
August 09, 2012
- Ohio State's new SCARLET laser sets the stage for decades of research in areas as diverse as cancer therapy and fusion energy.
July 09, 2012
- As World War II veterans returned to the beaches where they fought and survived, they shared stories with the Ohio State students at their sides. Now those memories—entrusted to Buckeyes—live on.
May 30, 2012
- Outstanding Ohio State students have won prestigious awards, grants, and scholarships—bravo! It’s recognition that proves they’re in the big leagues.
May 03, 2012
- TEDx is dedicated to "ideas worth spreading." Buckeyes have plenty of those—so Ohio State students recently organized the first TEDxOhioStateUniversity.
President Obama Visits Ohio State
March 23, 2012
- On March 22, President Obama visited Ohio State's Center for Automotive Research, where he met students working on alternative energy.
October 31, 2011
- OSU Mobile app is now available for Android devices!
President Gee's State Tour
September 27, 2011
- Each summer, President Gee tours Ohio. The highlight: meeting "fiercely loyal Ohioans—11 million—who love Ohio State and who are its owners."