The Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations
We invite you to explore a partnership with the university by becoming involved with the dynamic and diverse Ohio State experience. Partners have the opportunity to leverage this connection to address business needs, drive positive change, and give back to the community. As a university partner, you will gain valuable visibility on campus as an employer, as a community organization, and as an important benefactor.
The role of private support
Although Ohio State is a state institution, less than 14 percent of its annual funding is provided from state appropriations. Private support plays a critical role in ensuring that the university continues to fulfill its mission of teaching, research and service. Gifts and grants from corporations and foundations are vital to ensure that Ohio State can continue to educate the next generation of leaders and positively change the world through innovative new ideas and programs.
About Ohio State
The Ohio State University is the nation’s largest university, with more than 53,000 students enrolled at the Columbus campus and more than 61,000 statewide. Ohio State is home to a diverse group of the best and brightest people in the world: dedicated and talented faculty, passionate students, and innovative researchers who make Ohio State one of the world’s truly great universities.
- "Ohio State is currently ranked by U.S. News & World Report’s 2010 edition of “America’s Best Colleges” as 18th among all public universities.
- In competitive research funding, Ohio State ranks third among U.S. universities for industry-sponsored research.
- Smart Money magazine has ranked Ohio State 11th in return on tuition among universities in the United States.
- Ohio State is officially designated the flagship institution of the state's public system of higher education by the University System of Ohio.
- In the last quarter century, 32 Ohio State faculty members have been awarded the prestigious Guggenheim Fellowship, which is more than all other public and private Ohio universities combined. In 2008, three Ohio State faculty received Guggenheim Fellowships, placing Ohio State among the top 15 universities in the nation. Since 2000-01, 55 Ohio State faculty members have been named Fulbright Fellows, the highest of any Ohio university.
- Students can pursue academics among the more than 165 undergraduate programs, 130 master's degree programs, over 100 doctoral programs, and seven professional programs. Since the university’s establishment in 1870, Ohio State has granted more than 600,000 degrees.
- The university is ranked #7 among public universities nationally and #11 among all institutions in research expenditures, driving new ideas and new frontiers, according to the National Science Foundation.
This unique combination of talent, breadth, and depth of scope enables Ohio State to be the University of the American Dream.
Contact us to learn more and explore partnership opportunities.