Circle of Friends: Jim Miller
Jim Miller is the son of a military man — and moved with his family 28 times before he was 18. When his family moved to Columbus, Ohio State became a place of community and security for Jim during the years his father, Major Lawrence Miller, pursued his education. As an employee of Ohio State and in honor of his dad, Jim led the transformation of a former fraternity house into a welcoming Veterans House. Read more about Jim's commitment to Ohio State and his mission to improve the student-veteran experience at Ohio State.
Reminder: December 31 Deadline for President's Club Recognition
December 31 is the deadline to make your annual qualifying gift for President's Club recognition. When considering your annual donation, please note the following:
- The university and the President's Club are closed December 24 and 25, 2014.
- We experience high call volume on December 31. If your donation plan is to phone us (614-292-9550) with your credit card information, we recommend calling before December 31.
- You may make your qualifying donation online prior to midnight on December 31.
- We also welcome the opportunity to see your smiling face. Visit our office at 1480 W. Lane Ave., Columbus, Ohio 43221, to make your gift in person.
- For your safety and credit card security, do not email, fax or leave your credit card number on voice mail. Compliance regulations prevent us from processing donations received via these communications.
- If you are mailing your personal check donation via US Postal Service, your envelope must be postmarked no later than December 31, 2014. Envelopes postmarked January 1 or later will be receipted for the 2015 giving year and applied to your PC recognition in 2015.
- If you are mailing your credit card donation via US Postal Service, IRS guidelines mandate that donations made by credit card are substantiated by the date the card is charged, not by the postmark date. If your plan is to mail a credit card donation to us, we must RECEIVE it before December 31 in order to receipt you in 2014. Regardless of postmark on the envelope, any credit card gift received in the first few days of January or later will be receipted for 2015 tax purposes and applied to your 2015 recognition.
Big Ten Championship and Bowl Games
The Ohio State University Department of Athletics has released post-season football game ticket information to eligible ticket account holders. Additional information is available through the Athletic Department's post-season bowl game brochure or by calling the Athletics Ticket Office at 614-292-2624.