Sign up to receive news releases:
- News Room
- Weekly Story Tips
- Contact List
- Faculty Experts
- Research News
- Faculty and Staff News
- Campus Broadcast Studio
- Photography Services
- Top Campus Interview Locations
Additional Media Resources
- Medical Center News
- Agriculture and Food News
- Athletics News
- Moritz College of Law
- Fisher College of Business
- Campus Communications Coordinators
- University Communications
OSU Quick Facts
20 Bricker Hall
190 North Oval Mall
Columbus, OH 43210-1321
Contact: Amy Murray, (614) 292-8385
Ohio State graduate program rankings issued by U.S. News & World Report
Thirteen programs are in nation’s top ten
COLUMBUS – According to the U.S. News & World Report 2013 edition of America’s Best Graduate Schools released this week, The Ohio State University offers a vast array of graduate and professional programs, with 13 ranked in the top ten and two joining the top 20 list of ranked programs for the first time.
Top ten programs include part-time MBA program (business), supply chain/logistics (business), dispute resolution (law), administration/supervision (education), counseling/personnel services (education), curriculum/instruction (education), elementary teacher education, secondary teacher education, vocational/ technical education, Pharm.D. (pharmacy), ceramics (fine arts), interior design (fine arts) and industrial design (fine arts).
In addition, programs in occupational therapy and interior design cracked the top 20 for the first time; with occupational therapy ranked at 15th nationally, and interior design ranked second in the nation.
U.S. News’ rankings of graduate and professional programs cover only a small portion of the programs offered at Ohio State. This year, in addition to annual rankings in business, education, engineering, law and medicine, the magazine offers new rankings for programs in health disciplines, fine arts and public affairs.
Ohio State has a graduate and professional enrollment of approximately 14,000 students within 120 programs.
U.S. News & World Report 2012 rankings of Ohio State graduate programs:
* College of Education and Human Ecology: ranked best in Ohio and 18th nationally out of 280 graduate education programs. Specialty programs in vocational/technical education rank second in the nation; counseling/personnel services ranked seventh, elementary teacher education ranked eighth, curriculum/instruction and administration supervision ranked ninth and secondary teacher education ranked tenth.
* Fisher College of Business: ranked best in Ohio and 25th nationally among 441 institutions with MBA programs. The specialty program in supply chain/logistics ranked sixth, and the part-time MBA program ranked ninth.
* College of Engineering: ranked best in Ohio and 30th nationally out of 198 engineering programs that grant doctoral degrees.
* Moritz College of Law: ranked best in Ohio and 39th in the nation out of 195 accredited law schools. The specialty program in dispute resolution ranked 5th.
* College of Medicine: ranked 39th overall among 126 accredited medical schools. The specialty program in primary care ranked 40th.
* College of Arts and Sciences: ranked best in Ohio and 18th in fine arts, with specialty programs in interior design ranked second, ceramics ranked fourth, industrial design ranked seventh and sculpture ranked 11th. Speech and hearing sciences programs are ranked best in Ohio, with audiology ranked 12th and speech-language pathology ranked 17th.
* Health and Rehabilitation Sciences: programs in occupational therapy ranked 15th, physical therapy ranked 19th.
* Public Affairs: ranked best in Ohio and 29th nationally. Specialty programs in public management administration ranked 12th, public policy analysis ranked 20th and public finance and budgeting ranked 21st.
* College of Pharmacy: the Pharm.D. (doctor of pharmacy) program ranked best in Ohio and seventh nationally.
A number of Ohio State programs earned high marks in previous years and the magazine reprints rankings from previous years in some fields. To see earlier rankings of Ohio State graduate programs, see:
2010 news release (rankings include healthcare management, nursing, veterinary medicine, paleontology, physics, chemistry, statistics, mathematics and biological sciences).
2009 news release (rankings include economics, English, history, political science, psychology, and sociology).
2008 news release (rankings include pharmacy, physical therapy, art and design, industrial design, ceramics and glass; clinical psychology, speech-language pathology, public affairs, nuclear physics, mathematics and physics).
2007 news release: (rankings include nursing, biological sciences, health care management, chemistry and veterinary medicine).
The rankings are available at U.S. News.com http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate-schools