Sign up to receive news releases:
- News Room
- Weekly Story Tips
- Contact List
- Faculty Experts
- Research News
- Faculty and Staff News
- Campus Broadcast Studio
- Photography Services
- Top Campus Interview Locations
Additional Media Resources
- Medical Center News
- Agriculture and Food News
- Athletics News
- Moritz College of Law
- Fisher College of Business
- Campus Communications Coordinators
- University Communications
OSU Quick Facts
20 Bricker Hall
190 North Oval Mall
Columbus, OH 43210-1321
Story Ideas for Media: 1-4-2013
Ohio State's news, experts and events give you more on the news
Story Ideas for Media 1/4/13
Ohio State recognizes legacy of Anne and Woody Hayes. The Ohio State University will lead the celebration of legendary football coach Woody Hayes on February 15, 2013, marking 100 years since his February 14, 1913, birth. The event will highlight Hayes coaching career, as well as both Anne and Woody Hayes’ impact on the university.
The main university event, the Woody and Anne Hayes Tribute Event, will be a celebration dinner at 7 p.m. on Feb. 15, at the Woody Hayes Athletic Facility; 535 Irving Schottenstein Dr. For more information on the Tribute event, call (800) 762-5646.
In addition to the tribute event, the university’s celebration will also include:
* An online exhibit about Anne and Woody Hayes, produced by University Archives: The exhibit http://library.osu.edu/projects/woody-hayes/features pages covering family
and friends, education and military service, politics, philanthropy, football and legacy.
* An exhibit in Thompson Library that will run from Jan. 7 through the end of February. The exhibit features photographs, correspondence, game programs, footballs, hats, jackets, plaques, awards, license plates, ticket stubs, pennants and other athletic memorabilia on themes including Anne Hayes, Woody and Bo, Philanthropy, Education and Military Service, Politics, Rose Bowl Victories, Woody on the Field, and Legacy. Woody’s original couch will also be part of the exhibit. CONTACT: Gayle Saunders, (614) 292-5962, firstname.lastname@example.org,/a>. SEE: http://www.osu.edu/news/newsitem3581
The Ohio State University College of Nursing partners with Canyon Ranch Institute. A new partnership between the College of Nursing and the Canyon Ranch Institute will help transform the health and wellness landscape in Columbus. Initiatives of the partnership include curriculum development, community-based programming and collaborative research.
In addition, The College of Nursing has added three Canyon Ranch Institute experts to its faculty including Richard Carmona, former Surgeon General of the United States. Carmona is internationally recognized for the impact of his 2006 landmark Surgeon General’s Report about the dangers of second-hand smoke and his advocacy for lowering health care costs through prevention.
One of the first examples of the new partnership will be a research/demonstration project of the Canyon Ranch Institute Life Enhancement Program at some Columbus community health centers.
CONTACT: Kathryn Kelley, Kelley.email@example.com. SEE: http://nursing.osu.edu/news/college-of-nursing-news-headlines/college-of-nursing-and-canyon-ranch-institute-partnership.html.
The person listed as the CONTACT will have the most current information about the story. Call on our media relations staff for help with any Ohio State story: Liz Cook, (614) 292-7276 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Amy Murray, (614) 292-8385 or email@example.com