- News Room
- Weekly Story Tips
- Contact List
- Faculty Experts
- Research News
- Faculty and Staff News
- Campus Broadcast Studio
- Photography Services
- Top Campus Interview Locations
What's going on at Ohio State?
Sign up to get monthly updates.
For Press: Sign up to receive news releases:
Additional Media Resources
- Medical Center News
- Agriculture and Food News
- Athletics News
- Moritz College of Law
- Fisher College of Business
- Campus Communications Coordinators
- University Communications
OSU Quick Facts
20 Bricker Hall
190 North Oval Mall
Columbus, OH 43210-1321
Contact: Liz Cook, (614) 292-7276
Residence Hall Move-in Day is Sunday
Nearly 5,000 students will move into campus homes
COLUMBUS -- As The Ohio State University prepares to welcome its best academically prepared freshman class for the 10th consecutive year, some 5,000 students, primarily first-quarter freshmen, will participate in move-in day from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday (9/19).
To minimize congestion and streamline the process, students and their families will report first to The Jerome Schottenstein Center, 555 Borror Dr., to check in, receive room keys, and take care of any unfinished paperwork or other university business.
Each car is then directed into special traffic patterns that lead to an assigned residence hall. Ohio State Welcome Leaders (OWLs), a group of student volunteers, and staff members from the Office of Student Affairs will greet students and help them unload their belongings.
Altogether, about 9,000 students live in Ohio State’s 32 residence halls. Some, including 1,200 student volunteers who will help on Sunday, moved in earlier. The remainder of student residents will arrive on Monday (9/20) or Tuesday (9/21). Autumn quarter classes begin on Wednesday (9/22).
Move-In Day Quick Facts
· Approximately 5,000 students are expected to move into campus residence halls on Sunday (9/19) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
· Approximately 9,000 undergraduate and graduate students will live on campus during the 2004-05 academic year.
· There are a total of 32 residence halls located on campus in the north, south and Olentangy River areas.
· Approximately 1,200 OWLs and 400 staff members from the Office of Student Affairs will be on hand to assist with move-in.
· Special traffic patterns will be in effect on campus and nearby streets. Anyone not involved with move-in, including Ohio State faculty and staff, is advised to avoid the area or to anticipate changed traffic patterns if travel in the area is unavoidable.
· Students and their families should follow the instructions mailed to them by the Office of Housing and posted on the related website http://housing.osu.edu/move-in/ It is important that all students enter campus from Ackerman Road and report first to the Schottenstein Center.