Escape the depths of winter on this eight-day experience in the Caribbean’s Windward Islands aboard the exclusively chartered, 64-passenger M.Y. Le Ponant.
Enjoy classic “life under sail” aboard this elegant three-masted yacht featuring all ocean-view staterooms and an observation platform near sea level for ideal viewing of marine life and optional water sports. Cruise round trip from Fort-de-France, Martinique, into secluded harbors to explore the natural and cultural treasures. The custom-designed itinerary features Martinique’s Balata Garden, showcasing 3,000 varieties of tropical plants and flowers; Bequia, the most beautiful isle of the Grenadines; the awe-inspiring reefs and marine life in the lagoons of Tobago Cays Marine Park; Grenada, the Spice Island; St. Vincent and its historic capital, Kingstown; St. Lucia’s iconic twin mountain peaks, the Gros and Petit Pitons; and Dominica, where it’s said there is a river for every day of the year.
Tour highlights and included features
- Experience “life under sail” aboard the exclusively chartered 64-passenger M.Y. LE PONANT.
- Enjoy superb, tastefully designed accommodations.
- Specifically designed itinerary to the southern Caribbean’s Windward Islands, rarely visited and inaccessible to larger vessels.
- Excellent French-inspired cuisine served in one seating.
- Truly intimate sailing experience.
- With 16,000 square feet of sails, sleek lines and stylish beauty, M.Y. LE PONANT catapults you back to the era of traditional sailing yachts.
- On board the Exclusively Chartered Sailing Yacht M.Y. LE PONANT
- Seven-night cruise round trip Fort-de-France, Martinique, with port calls at Bequia and Tobago Cays, Grenadines; St. George’s, Grenada; Kingstown, St. Vincent; Soufriere and Rodney Bay, St. Lucia; and Roseau, Dominica.
- Deluxe, ocean-view, air-conditioned Staterooms with private bathroom facilities.
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions.
- Superb French-inspired cuisine each day served in two restaurants and on the terrace, breakfast, lunch and dinner, each served in a single seating.
- Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages served throughout the cruise.
- Stylish public areas, including an expansive Sun Deck, two lounges and a library.
- Observation platform near sea level for optional water sports and viewing marine life.
- Half-day cultural tour of Martinique, including a visit to Balata Garden, the island’s most well-known botanical garden.
- Tour of the verdant and mountainous Bequia, the most beautiful isle of the Grenadines.
- Island stop at the breathtaking Tobago Cays Marine Park comprising nearly 1500 acres of lagoons, reefs, for the opportunity to snorkel among an abundance of marine life.
- Tour of Grenada, the Spice Island, featuring a visit to De La Grenade Industries with a sampling of their delicacies and to an herb and spice garden of rare and versatile botanicals.
- Island tour of St. Vincent from the historic center of Kingstown.
- Visit to Soufriere to admire the beauty of St. Lucia’s Pitons, a UNESCO World Heritage site, featuring an excursion to Diamond Falls Botanical Gardens with its renowned waterfall and into Soufriere Volcano, the Caribbean’s only drive-in volcano.
- Excursion in Rodney Bay to experience St. Lucian country life with a guided nature walk and a sampling of exotic fruit and Creole cuisine.
- Excursion into the natural paradise of lush, green, volcanic Dominica, where it is said there is a river for every day of the year, highlighted by a visit to Trafalgar Falls and their hot springs.
- Time to experience the natural beauty of the Caribbean with its uncrowded beaches and azure waters.
- All excursions and visits, as outlined in the Included Features, with experienced local guides.
- Gratuities to local guides and drivers on included excursions and transfers.
- Hospitality desk aboard the ship.
- The services of an experienced team of Gohagan & Company Travel Directors throughout the program.
- Travel document wallet, name badge and pre‑departure information.
Dates Jan. 31 – Feb. 7, 2015
Cost $4,295* (From price. All prices are per person, based on double occupancy, and early booking deadlines. Dates, itineraries, and prices are subject to change.)
Region South America
Contact Addie Natalie
800-852-TOUR (8687), ext. 3
“What a wonderful trip. The sights, experiences, and fellow travelers were first rate and totally memorable.” Bob
Jan. 31 Day 1 - Depart from the U.S./Fort-de-France, Martinique/Embark M.Y. LE PONANT
Feb. 1 Day 2 - Martinique
Feb. 2 Day 3 - Roseau, Dominica
Feb. 3 Day 4 - Wallilabou Bay / Kingstown, St. Vincent
Feb. 4 Day 5 - Bequia / Tobago Cay
Feb. 5 Day 6 - St. George’s, Grenada
Feb. 6 Day 7 - Soufriere / Rodney Bay, St. Lucia
Feb. 7 Day 8 - Fort-de-France, Martinique/Disembark ship/Return to the U.S.
*Itinerary subject to change due to local conditions.