From glorious cathedrals to sparkling seascapes and sun-kissed beaches, encounter the Mediterranean’s radiant beauty on this odyssey.
Board Oceania Cruises’ chic Riviera and depart Rome for Livorno, a jumping-off point to admire Florence, Pisa and the rolling hills of Tuscany. Experience one of the most photogenic fishing villages on the Italian Riviera, Portofino, where the majestically perched Castello Brown fortress affords splendid views, and laze on sandy beaches at St-Tropez, the heart of the French Riviera. Take in rich Catalan culture at Palamós, located on Spain’s rugged Costa Brava. Witness Gaudí’s imaginative masterpieces in Barcelona, see Valencia’s City of Arts and Sciences, and stroll along Mahón lovely waterfront. Before your journey concludes in Monte Carlo, browse Marseille’s lively markets or explore the fairy-tale landscapes and hilltop towns of Provence.
Tour highlights and included features
- From Portofino’s postcard-worthy harbor to Gaudí’s whimsical creations in Barcelona and Brunelleschi’s red-domed cathedral in Florence, experience classic Mediterranean sights on this voyage to celebrated ports in Italy, France, Spain and Monaco
- Treat yourself with world-class cuisine and breathtaking amenities while sailing for nine nights aboard Oceania Cruises’ Riviera, an award-winning ship with an impressive staff-to-guest ratio of 1-to-1.57
- Included round-trip airfare from select U.S. and Canadian gateway cities
- Discover the premier attractions of Spain’s third-largest city, Valencia, complete with avant-garde architecture, up-and-coming galleries and lush parks
- Head ashore at Livorno, gateway to the cradle of the Renaissance, Florence, awash with strikingly beautiful churches, elegant squares and brilliant artistic treasures
- Sample locally caught seafood in Palamós, a charming fishing village that boasts sandy beaches and a promenade lined with inviting restaurants and cafés
- Marvel at the soaring spires of Gaudí’s still-unfinished masterpiece, La Sagrada Família, the crowning jewel of Barcelona
- Entertainment, use of the ship's facilities on board the vessel and meals featuring multiple dining venues, including gourmet open-seating restaurants at no additional charge
- Unlimited complimentary soft drinks, bottled water, cappuccino, espresso, tea and juice
- Private Welcome Reception and a complimentary bottle of wine aboard the ship
- Attentive service from an experienced onboard Go Next Program Manager
- Comprehensive pre-departure information
- All air- and cruise-related government taxes, surcharges and fees
Dates Oct. 7 – Oct. 17, 2017 Sold Out
Cost $2,599* (From price. Airfare is included from select gateway cities. All prices are per person, based on double occupancy, and early booking deadlines. Dates, itineraries, and prices are subject to change.)
Region Mediterranean Sea
Contact Laura DeRose
800-852-TOUR (8687), ext. 2
Oct. 7 Day 1 - Depart for Italy
Oct. 8 Day 2 - Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy
Embark on your luxury cruise aboard Riviera in Civitavecchia, the port for legendary Rome.
Oct. 9 Day 3 - Florence / Pisa / Tuscany (Livorno), Italy
The architectural and artistic masterpieces of the Renaissance, Brunelleschi’s Duomo, the Baptistery, Michelangelo’s David, the Ponte Vecchio and the Uffizi Gallery, await you in Florence, a masterpiece in itself. Pisa’s superb Field of Miracles and iconic Leaning Tower also beckon, as does the captivating Tuscan countryside, renowned for its gently rolling hills, medieval hilltop villages and splendid wine.
Oct. 10 Day 4 - Portofino, Italy
In this fishing village turned seaside resort, you’ll find pretty pastel houses on the harbor and plenty of boutique shopping and sidewalk cafes in town. Nearby Santa Margherita is quieter with a friendly atmosphere, perfect for a relaxing escape.
Oct. 11 Day 5 - St-Tropez, France
On the French Riviera and a favorite with celebrities, St-Tropez is stocked with fashionable shops and pristine beaches beside sapphire waters. Transformed in the 1950s from a charming and charismatic fishing village to an irresistible, glamorous resort city by local actress Brigitte Bardot and the film And God Created Woman, St-Tropez’s allure lives on today.
Oct. 12 Day 6 - Palamós, Spain
Located on Spain’s rugged Costa Brava, or “Wild Coast,” Palamós boasts two of the top beaches on the coast: the attractive Cala S’Alguer, backed by charming fisherman huts, and the sprawling, undeveloped Platja de Castell.
Oct. 13 Day 7 - Barcelona, Spain
The most powerful capital in the Mediterranean during the 14th century, Barcelona is a melting pot of Roman, Greek, Moorish and Catalan influences. The city’s spirited energy gave inspiration to the artistic masterminds of Gaudí and Picasso. The ever-evolving Sagrada Familia, bustling open-air markets and grid-like streets of Eixample give distinction to every inch of the city, while the Barri Gòtic remains one of the best-preserved medieval quarters in Europe.
Oct. 14 Day 8 - Valencia, Spain
Best known as the birthplace of paella, Valencia is also famed for its unique mix of ornate cathedrals, futuristic architecture, lively plazas, lush parks and sprawling beaches.
Oct. 15 Day 9 - Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Dominating the horizon and overlooking the harbor, the Palma Cathedral and Bellver Castle offer a striking first glimpse of Palma, the stunning capital of Mallorca. Winding alleys and cobbled streets characterize Old Palma, while charming windmills and an impressive 18th-century manor house beckon from the verdant countryside
Oct. 16 Day 10 - Marseille / Provence, France
Provence has inspired and enchanted for centuries. From the historic port city of Marseille to the picturesque countryside dotted with quaint villages perched on rocky hilltops and towns awash with ancient architecture, Provençal France fulfills even the grandest expectations.
Oct. 17 Day 11 - Monte Carlo, Monaco
Disembark and bid farewell to Riviera.
*Itinerary subject to change due to local conditions.
Contact Laura DeRose at Ohio State Alumni Tours
Phone: (614) 292-2372 or (800) 852-TOUR (8687), ext. 2
Space is limited. Book your tour now!