This unique and exclusive nine-day itinerary and small-ship voyage showcases the coastal jewels of the Iberian Peninsula between Barcelona, Spain, and Lisbon, Portugal, during the best time of year.
Cruise up Spain’s legendary Guadalquivir River, “the great river,” into the heart of beautiful Seville, an exclusive opportunity available only on this itinerary and by small ship. Visit Portugal’s lesser-traveled Algarve region and the regal city of Granada, Spain. Stand on the “Top of the Rock” to see the Pillars of Hercules spanning the scenic Strait of Gibraltar and call on the enchanting Balearic Island of Palma de Mallorca. Admire the modernist architecture of Valencia. Enjoy stunning scenery and visit three UNESCO World Heritage sites while cruising ancient trade routes from the Mediterranean Sea into the Atlantic Ocean aboard the exclusively chartered, Five-Star MS Le Lyrial. This state-of-the-art small ship, launched in 2015, features private balconies in 95 percent of the 110 ocean-view, deluxe suites and staterooms. A two-night Barcelona Pre-Cruise Option and two-night Lisbon Post-Cruise Option are offered.
Tour highlights and included features
- Unique exclusively chartered itinerary.
- One port of call every day and an excursion included in every port.
- Specially arranged educational lectures.
- Visit enchanting, seldom-visited Palma de Mallorca, Balearic Islands, and the Great Rock of Gibraltar.
- Seven-night cruise from Barcelona, Spain, to Lisbon, Portugal, with port calls at Palma de Mallorca, Balearic Islands; Valencia and Almería in Andalusia for Granada, and Seville, Spain; Gibraltar, British Crown Colony; and Portimão, Portugal.
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions.
- All meals, continental breakfast, buffet breakfast, buffet lunch, afternoon tea and dinner, throughout the cruise, featuring fine international and regional cuisine, served at single, unassigned seatings.
- Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages are served throughout the cruise.
- Excursion to the Carthusian Monastery in Valldemossa, a former residence of composer Frédéric Chopin, featuring a recital.
- Tour of the historic Spanish and Balearic Island port of Palma de Mallorca, featuring its medieval Old City and the 14th-century Bellver Castle.
- Walking tour of Valencia, featuring a visit to its 15th-century Silk Exchange, La Lonja de la Seda, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Full-day excursion to Granada, featuring a visit to the UNESCO World Heritage site of the Alhambra Palace and the lush Generalife Gardens, and lunch in a local restaurant.
- Visit to the British Crown Colony of Gibraltar, featuring the “Top of the Rock” and St. Michael’s Cave.
- Remarkable cruise into the heart of extraordinary Seville on Spain’s legendary Guadalquivir River, “the great river.”
- Tour of Seville, highlighted by the rich historical monuments and UNESCO World Heritage sites of Giralda Tower, the lavishly decorated Seville Cathedral and the Moorish Alcázar.
- Specially arranged flamenco dance performance.
- Visit to the former Moorish capital of Silves to see the best-preserved castle in Portugal’s magnificent Algarve province.
- Excursion to the scenic port town of Lagos in the Algarve, featuring the Baroque Church of St. Anthony.
- Gratuities to local guides and drivers on included excursions and transfers.
- Hospitality desk aboard the ship.
- The services of experienced Gohagan & Company Travel Directors throughout the program.
- Complimentary use of a state-of-the-art audio headset for each participant during guided excursions.
- Travel document wallet and pre-departure information.
Dates Oct. 9 – Oct. 17, 2017 Sold Out
Cost $4,295* (From price. Airfare is not included. All prices are per person, based on double occupancy, and early booking deadlines. Dates, itineraries, and prices are subject to change.)
Contact Addie Natalie
800-852-TOUR (8687), ext. 3
Oct. 9 Day 1 - Depart the U.S. or Canada
Oct. 10 Day 2 - Barcelona, Spain
Embark M.S. LE LYRIAL
Oct. 11 Day 3 - Palma de Mallorca, Balearic Islands
Oct. 12 Day 4 - Valencia
Oct. 13 Day 5 - Almería for Granada, Andalusia / Motril
Oct. 14 Day 6 - Gibraltar, British Overseas Territory
Oct. 15 Day 7 - Cruise the Guadalquivir River to Seville, Andalusia, Spain
Oct. 16 Day 8 - Portimão, the Algarve, Portugal
Oct. 17 Day 9 - Lisbon
Disembark ship and return to the U.S. or Canada.
*Itinerary subject to change due to local conditions.