Ancient cultures come to life as you explore the art and history of Southern Europe.
Embark on your luxury cruise aboard the Riviera in Barcelona, Spain’s gem of art and architecture, and set off to the historic port city of Marseille. View masterpieces of the Renaissance—Brunelleschi’s Duomo, the Baptistery of San Giovanni, and Michelangelo’s David—in Florence, while even more remnants of Italy’s glorious past await you in Rome. Surround yourself with Greek Mythology in Sorrento; gaze upon the surprisingly modern architecture of Messina, famously rebuilt after a ruinous earthquake in 1908; and explore Valletta, Europe’s smallest capital city. As you cross into Greece, you’ll soon be lounging on the black sand beaches of Santorini and trekking through the medieval walled city of Rhodes before disembarking the Riviera in Athens, the Cradle of Western Civilization.
Tour highlights and included features
- Explore riveting ancient monuments, picture-perfect islands and incredible artistic treasures on a luxury cruise from Barcelona to Marseille/Provence, Florence, Rome, Sorrento, Messina, Valletta, Santorini, Rhodes, and Athens
- Treat yourself with world-class cuisine and breathtaking amenities while sailing for 10 nights aboard Oceania Cruises’ Riviera, an award-winning ship with an impressive staff-to-guest ratio of 1-to-1.57
- Included round-trip airfare from select U.S. and Canadian gateway cities
- Take in Sorrento’s beautiful backdrop of craggy cliffs, fragrant blossoms, delightful boutiques and cafés
- Head ashore at Livorno, gateway to the cradle of the Renaissance, Florence, awash with strikingly beautiful churches, elegant squares and brilliant artistic masterpieces
- Browse the exotic markets of Marseille, or take in the splendid landscapes of Provence, France’s colorful and fabled region of graceful medieval villages and rolling hills
- Entertainment, use of the ship's facilities on board the vessel and meals featuring multiple dining venues, including gourmet open-seating restaurants at no additional charge
- Unlimited complimentary soft drinks, bottled water, cappuccino, espresso, tea and juice
- Enriching activities abound, from the Artist Loft, where talented artists-in-residence offer step-by-step instruction, to the state-of-the-art Culinary Center, the only hands-on cooking school at sea
- Create your own itinerary from a wide selection of optional shore excursions available for an additional charge
- Private Welcome Reception and a complimentary bottle of wine aboard the ship
- Attentive service from an experienced onboard Go Next Program Manager
- Comprehensive pre-departure information
- All air- and cruise-related government taxes, surcharges and fees
Dates Oct. 3 – Oct. 14, 2018
Cost $2,999* (From Price. Airfare is included from select gateway cities. All prices are per person, based on double occupancy, and early booking deadlines. Dates, itineraries, and prices are subject to change.)
Contact Addie Natalie
800-852-TOUR (8687), ext. 3
Oct. 3 Day 1 - Depart for Spain
Oct. 4 Day 2 - Barcelona, Spain
Embark the Riviera in Barcelona, where modern sophistication lives harmoniously with historic tradition and striking architecture mingles with medieval structures.
Oct. 5 Day 3 - Provence (Marseille), France
Provence has inspired and enchanted for centuries. From the historic port city of Marseille to the picturesque countryside dotted with quaint villages perched on rocky hilltops and towns awash with ancient architecture, Provençal France fulfills even the grandest expectations.
Oct. 6 Day 4 - Florence/Pisa/Tuscany (Livorno), Italy
The architectural and artistic masterpieces of the Renaissance—Brunelleschi’s Duomo, the Baptistery, Michelangelo’s David, the Ponte Vecchio, and the Uffizi Gallery—await you in Florence, a masterpiece in itself. Pisa’s superb Field of Miracles and iconic Leaning Tower also beckon, as do the rolling hills and splendid wine of the Tuscan countryside.
Oct. 7 Day 5 - Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy
Once the center of the world’s greatest empire and now the capital of modern Italy, Rome offers remnants of its glorious past wherever you look. With legendary sites including the ancient Roman Forum, Colosseum, St. Peter’s Basilica and Michelangelo’s breathtaking frescoes in the Sistine Chapel, Rome is a monumental city rich in antiquity and culture.
Oct. 8 Day 6 - Sorrento, Italy
Overlooking the breathtaking Bay of Naples, near the legendary ruins of Pompeii, Sorrento delights with cobblestone streets, a seaside promenade and vibrant southern Italian culture. According to Greek mythology, here was the home of the Sirens, the femmes fatales who lured sailors to rocky shores. Close by, Italy’s famed island of Capri offers stunning panoramas, charming villages and ancient villas.
Oct. 9 Day 7 - Messina, Sicily, Italy
Located on the northeastern tip of Sicily, Messina is a lovely medieval city rich with historic churches and a cathedral where it is rumored Richard the Lionheart worshipped in 1190. Nearby is another famed Sicilian city, the beautiful Taormina with its famous Greek theater and stunning views of Mt. Etna.
Oct. 10 Day 8 - Valletta, Malta
Despite its status as Europe’s smallest capital, Valletta brims with history, culture and old-world beauty. Founded by the Knights of St. John and deemed a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Malta’s picturesque capital—considered one of the most concentrated historic areas in the world—offers a grand collection of honey-colored limestone buildings and ancient fortifications.
Oct. 11 Day 9 - At Sea
Savor the acclaimed culinary creations of Jacques Pépin at any of the ship’s gourmet restaurants, retreat to the luxurious lounges, or take in the spectacular views.
Oct. 12 Day 10 - Santorini, Greece
Famed for its spectacular sunsets, the island’s distinctive crescent shape is the result of an enormous volcanic eruption thousands of years ago. Behold a panorama of indigo-domed churches, black-sand beaches, and breathtaking rock formations climbing from the volcanic floor— here is the epitome of Grecian beauty.
Oct. 13 Day 11 - Rhodes, Greece
Oct. 14 Day 12 - Athens (Piraeus), Greece
Wave goodbye to the Riviera in legendary Athens, one of the world’s oldest cities and the cradle of Western Civilization.
*Itinerary subject to change due to local conditions.