Explore the verdant wilderness, rocky shores, and pristine islands of North America as you sail the Great Lakes aboard the 202-guest M/V Victory I.
Embarking in the cultural hub of Chicago, you’ll leave the Windy City and cruise scenic Lake Michigan on your way to the idyllic Victorian atmosphere of Mackinac Island. Traverse the legendary Soo Locks in Sault Ste. Marie, the Midwest’s oldest city; sail the shimmering waters of Georgian Bay; and explore the native traditions of Manitoulin Island. Experience pioneer life at Midland’s world-renowned living museum and relive the glory days of the American automobile at the Henry Ford Museum in Detroit. Cap off your cruise by experiencing the immensity and grandeur of Niagara Falls from the thrilling perspective of a Hornblower vessel before disembarking in Toronto, one of the most culturally diverse cities in the world.
Tour highlights and included features
- Traverse North America’s most immense and impressive waterways on this scenic 9-day voyage aboard the luxurious 202-guest M/V Victory I
- Immerse yourself in history at Sainte-Marie among the Hurons in Midland, a stunning recreation of the French-Jesuit settlement that now operates as a living museum
- Explore Mackinac Island by horse-drawn carriage—this 19th-century community has a strict no-cars-allowed policy
- Stand in awe of the magnificent Niagara Falls up close and personal from the misty deck of one of the falls’ iconic Hornblower vessels
- Select complimentary expert-led shore excursions
- All onboard meals and select beverages including coffee, juice, and soft drinks
- Complimentary wine and beer with dinner
- Daily cocktail hour featuring cold canapés and bar snacks one hour prior to dinner
- Private Go Next reception including hot and cold canapés and beverages
- An experienced Go Next Program Manager
- Smart-casual attire throughout your journey, no formal wear required
- Attentive service from a caring staff to ensure a remarkable voyage
- Informative and enriching lectures from carefully selected onboard speaker
- Comprehensive pre-departure information
Dates July 27 – Aug. 5, 2018
Cost $5,199* (From Price. Airfare is not included. All prices are per person, based on double occupancy, and early booking deadlines. Dates, itineraries, and prices are subject to change.)
Region North America
Contact Addie Natalie
800-852-TOUR (8687), ext. 3
July 27 Day 1 - CHICAGO, ILLINOIS
Embark on your luxury cruise aboard the M/V Victory I in Chicago, Illinois, a magnetic cultural hub situated at the southwestern tip of Lake Michigan. The third-largest city in the United States, the “Windy City” beckons visitors with its photogenic urban skyline, superb museums and art galleries, sprawling parks, and inventive culinary scene.
July 28 Day 2 - SCENIC SAILING OF LAKE MICHIGAN
July 29 Day 3 - MACKINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
Step back into the 19th century on Mackinac Island, located at the ends of the Straits of Mackinac, between Lake Michigan and Lake Huron. A national historic landmark steeped in Victorian-era charm, Mackinac Island has a no-car policy. Embark on your excursion aboard a horse-drawn carriage and gain insight into the island’s compelling history at Michigan’s oldest building, Fort Mackinac. Behold the imposing stone walls and cannons of this impressive fort, built atop a soaring cliff by British soldiers in 1780.
July 30 Day 4 - SAULT STE. MARIE, MICHIGAN (WHITEFISH BAY & LAKE SUPERIOR)
July 31 Day 5 - LITTLE CURRENT, MANITOULIN ISLAND (GEORGIAN BAY)
Delight in a scenic early-morning cruise of Georgian Bay, with its verdant islands, rugged cliffs, and diamond-blue waters that have inspired some of Canada’s most celebrated painters. Arrive at the small town of Little Current, and tour Manitoulin Island, the world’s largest freshwater island, home of the Ojibwe people. Stop at the uniquely designed Immaculate Conception Church, attend a traditional smudging ceremony, and enjoy an interpretive tour of the local museum and art gallery. Back in Little Current, return to the ship, or explore the community’s quaint downtown shops, docks, or waterfront parks at your leisure.
Aug. 1 Day 6 - SCENIC SAILING OF LAKE HURON
Aug. 2 Day 7 - WINDSOR, ONTARIO & DETROIT, MICHIGAN
Stop at Windsor, the “City of Roses,” en route to Detroit. Then visit the vast Henry Ford Museum where highlights include the limousine that carried President John F. Kennedy on that fateful day in Texas, Abraham Lincoln’s rocking chair from Ford’s Theatre, and more.
Aug. 3 Day 8 - CLEVELAND, OHIO
Celebrate a musical genre’s history and impact at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame—which supports community and culture through creative exhibits, programs, and festivals—and explore Cleveland’s West Side Market, filled with the unique and diverse fares of over 100 vendors, and highlighted on television’s Travel Channel and Food Network.
Aug. 4 Day 9 - NIAGARA FALLS (WELLAND CANAL) & SCENIC SAILING OF LAKE ERIE
Aug. 5 Day 10 - TORONTO, ONTARIO
*Itinerary subject to change due to local conditions.