This extraordinary 11-day “Grand Tour” of Europe features an incredible combination of river, rail, lake and mountain travel including five nights aboard the deluxe AMADEUS SILVER II.
Journey through the western heart of the Continent through the Netherlands, Germany, France and Switzerland, cruising the most scenic sections of the fabled Rhine River. Specially arranged guided excursions feature five great UNESCO World Heritage sites—explore Amsterdam’s storybook canals, visit Cologne’s magnificent Gothic cathedral, cruise through the heart of the Rhine River Valley, tour the lovely Alsatian city of Strasbourg and walk through Berne’s Old Town. Also visit Germany’s medieval Rüdesheim and 13th-century Heidelberg Castle. Spend two nights each in Lucerne and Zermatt, Switzerland; ride aboard three legendary railways—the Gornergrat Bahn for breathtaking views of the Matterhorn, the Glacier Express from Andermatt to Zermatt and the Pilatus Railway, the world’s steepest cogwheel railway—and enjoy a scenic cruise on Lake Lucerne. This is the trip of a lifetime at an exceptional value! Complement your journey with the two-night Amsterdam Pre-Program Option.
Included Features and Highlights:
- Eleven-day program, including a five-night Rhine River cruise and four nights in the Swiss Alps, featuring three of the world’s great train journeys.
- Five-night cruise from Amsterdam, the Netherlands, to Basel, Switzerland, with port calls at Cologne, Koblenz, Rüdesheim and Mannheim for Heidelberg, Germany; and Strasbourg, France.
- Walking tour of picturesque Koblenz, including the famous Deutsches Eck (German Corner), picturesquely located at the confluence of the Rhine and Moselle Rivers.
- Cologne walking tour, including a visit to the magnificent Kölner Dom, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions and Dinners.
- Walking tour of historic 12th-century Lucerne.
- Panoramic Mount Pilatus gondola ascent with lunch at the summit, and the dramatic descent aboard the Pilatus Railway, the world’s steepest cogwheel train.
- Scenic cruise on Lake Lucerne.
- Rail journey aboard the scenic Gornergrat Bahn, one of the most picturesque train rides in the world, for breathtaking views of the great Matterhorn.
- All meals served at single, unassigned seatings—early-risers’ coffee, buffet breakfast and lunch, afternoon tea, four-course dinner and late-evening snack—featuring fine continental cuisine.
- Air-conditioned, river-view Suite or Stateroom, each with a private bathroom.
- Experience three of the world’s greatest railways—the panoramic Glacier Express, the scenic cogwheel Gornergrat Bahn and the dramatic Pilatus Railway.
- Amsterdam Pre-Program Option.
- Incredible value for a comprehensive travel program.
- Sells out every year it is offered!
- Complimentary wine and beer are served with lunch and dinner aboard ship.
- Two nights each in the lovely Swiss towns of Lucerne and Zermatt.
- Visit five UNESCO World Heritage sites—Amsterdam’s Canal District, Cologne, the Rhine River Valley, Strasbourg and Berne.
- Deluxe cruise aboard the exclusively chartered Amadeus Silver II on the legendary Rhine River.
- A unique combination of river and lake cruising and rail travel.
Dates June 6 – June 16, 2019
Cost $4,695* (*From Price. Airfare is not included. All prices are per person, based on double occupancy, and early booking deadlines. Dates, itineraries, and prices are subject to change.)
Type Land and Cruise
Contact Addie Natalie
800-852-TOUR (8687), ext. 3
June 6 Day 1 - Depart the U.S. or Canada
June 7 Day 2 - Amsterdam, the Netherlands / Embark AMADEUS SILVER II
June 8 Day 3 - Cologne, Germany
June 9 Day 4 - Koblenz/Rüdesheim
June 10 Day 5 - Mannheim for Heidelberg
June 11 Day 6 - Strasbourg, France
June 13 Day 7 - Basel, Switzerland / Disembark ship / Berne / Interlaken / Lucerne
June 14 Day 8 - Lucerne for Mount Pilaus
June 15 Day 9 - Zermatt for Matterhorn
June 16 Day 10 - Zermatt / Geneva / Return to the U.S. or Canada
*Itinerary subject to change due to local conditions.