Join us for this incomparable nine-day journey through the mighty locks of the Panama Canal to the Costa Rican rainforest.
Cruise for seven nights from Colón, Panama, to Puerto Caldera, Costa Rica, aboard the exclusively chartered, Five-Star Le Champlain, which features the world’s first luxury underwater observatory and will launch in 2018. Experience a daylight passage through the awe-inspiring Panama Canal and visit the San Blas Islands, where indigenous Guna people have maintained their traditional lifestyle for centuries. Tour Panama City, including its Casco Antiguo (Old Quarter), a UNESCO World Heritage site, and call at rarely visited Isla Cébaco to discover the rich marine life in its vivid coral reefs. Explore the terrestrial wonders of Costa Rica’s Manuel Antonio National Park and Curú National Wildlife Refuge, and spend one night in a deluxe hotel in San José, Costa Rica. Enjoy lectures by exclusive onboard study leaders throughout the itinerary. Extend your stay with the Dynamic Panama Pre-Program and Costa Rica’s Cloud Forests and Volcanoes Post-Program Options.
Tour highlights and included features
- Seven-night cruise from Colón, Panama, to Puerto Caldera, Costa Rica, featuring Panama Canal transit and port calls at San Blas Islands, Panama City, Isla Cébaco, Panama; Curú National Wildlife Refuge, and Quepos for Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica.
- Elegantly appointed, Five-Star Suite or Stateroom, each with a private bathroom and private balcony.
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions.
- Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages are served throughout the cruise.
- All meals—early continental breakfast, buffet breakfast, buffet lunch, afternoon tea and dinner—throughout the cruise, featuring fine international and regional cuisine, served at single, unassigned seatings.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the ship.
- Blue Eye—the world’s first luxury, multisensory, underwater observatory.
- Expert onboard naturalist guides to lead small group excursions.
- Excursion to the idyllic, remote San Blas Islands.
- Daylight passage through the Panama Canal , accompanied by a narration on the history of the canal. Transit times through the canal are controlled by the Panama Canal Authority and subject to traffic conditions.
- Tour of Panama City, highlighted by visits to the UNESCO World Heritage site of Casco Antiguo, the new Frank Gehry-designed Biodiversity Museum and the Panama Canal’s informative Miraflores Visitor Center.
- Visit to unspoiled Isla Cébaco, with opportunities for swimming and snorkeling in pristine waters among colorful marine life.
- Guided tour through Curú National Wildlife Refuge to see a wide array of wildlife in its natural habitat, such as the rare scarlet macaw and the spider monkey, both reintroduced into the wild here.
- Specially arranged, onboard guitar performance by local Quepos musicians.
- Excursion in stunning and biodiverse Manuel Antonio National Park with a naturalist-led trail walk through the protected rainforest.
- In San José, Costa Rica: One night in the hacienda-style Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San José. American breakfast. Tour of San José, including the National Theater and National Museum, with lunch.
- Transfers and luggage handling abroad if your arrival(s)/departure(s) coincide with the scheduled group transfers.
- All excursions and visits, as outlined above, with experienced local guides and naturalists.
- Gratuities to local guides, drivers and naturalists on included excursions and transfers to hotel and ship personnel.
- Complimentary bottled water in your Suite or Stateroom aboard ship and on excursions.
- Experienced Gohagan & Company Travel Director at your service.
- Hospitality desk aboard ship and in the hotel.
- Automatic $250,000 flight insurance policy for each participant ticketed on flights by Gohagan & Company.
Dates Feb. 10 – Feb. 18, 2019 Wait List Only
Cost $4,995* (*From Price. Airfare is not included. All prices are per person, based on double occupancy, and early booking deadlines. Dates, itineraries, and prices are subject to change.)
Type Land and Cruise
Region South America
Contact Addie Natalie
800-852-TOUR (8687), ext. 3
Feb. 10 Day 1 - Depart the U.S./Arrive Panama City, Panama/ Colón/Embark Le Champlain
Feb. 11 Day 2 - San Blas Islands
Feb. 12 Day 3 - Colón/Panama Canal Transit/Panama City
Feb. 13 Day 4 - Panama City
Feb. 14 Day 5 - Isla Cébaco
Feb. 15 Day 6 - Quepos for Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica
Feb. 16 Day 7 - Isla Tortuga
Feb. 17 Day 8 - Puerto Caldera/Disembark ship/San José
Feb. 18 Day 9 - San José/Return to the U.S.
*Itinerary subject to change due to local conditions.