Join this exclusive, nine-day French sojourn in world-famous Provence and in the Burgundy and Beaujolais wine regions during springtime, the best time of year to visit.
Cruise from Provençal Arles to historic Lyon along the fabled Rhône and Saône Rivers aboard the exclusively chartered, deluxe Amadeus Provence, launched in 2017. Dock in the heart of port towns and visit the wonderfully preserved Roman Amphitheater in Arles, the medieval Papal Palace of Avignon, the Roman city of Orange and the legendary Hôtel-Dieu in Beaune. Enjoy a walking tour of Lyon, France’s gastronomique gateway, and an excursion to the Beaujolais vineyards for a private wine tasting at the Château Montmelas. The Palette of Provence Pre-Cruise Option immerses you in the vibrant culture of the quintessential Provençal region. The carefully designed Post-Cruise Option features cosmopolitan Geneva, Switzerland, and the beautiful town of Chamonix, France, at the base of spectacular Mont Blanc.
Tour highlights and included features
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions.
- Specially arranged wine and chocolate tasting with a local expert.
- Complimentary wine and beer are served with lunch and dinner.
- All meals served at single seatings—early-risers’ coffee, buffet breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, four-course dinner and late-evening snack—featuring fine continental cuisine.
- Deluxe, river-view, air-conditioned Suite or Stateroom, each with a private bathroom.
- Uniquely designed travel program featuring a cruise along the Rhône and Saône Rivers during the best time of year.
- A comprehensive nine-day journey featuring the best of Provence, Burgundy and Beaujolais.
- Seven-night cruise aboard the exclusively chartered, deluxe small river ship Amadeus Provence, launched in 2017.
- In Provence, explore 2000 years of Roman history, an artist’s palette of beautiful scenery and lavender fields.
- Dock in the heart of port towns.
- Visit to the world-renowned Burgundy hills vineyards and a private wine tasting at the exquisite Château Montmelas.
- An unforgettable journey providing a unique perspective on Roman and French history, culture and architecture.
- Visit six UNESCO World Heritage sites.
- Walking tour of Arles, highlighted by visits to the Roman Amphitheater, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and Église Saint-Trophime.
- Visit to the UNESCO World Heritage-designated town of Beaune, known for its Burgundy wines and the iconic 15th-century Hôtel-Dieu, one of the best examples of 15th-century French architecture in the world.
- Private, specially arranged tour of the medieval Château de Rully amidst the Burgundy vineyards, hosted by Count de Ternay, ancestral owner of the estate.
- Excursion to the vineyards of Beaujolais for a private tour, exclusive fortepiano concert and wine tasting hosted by the châtelaine, Madame d’Harcourt, in her personal residence, the Château de Montmelas.
- Full day in historic Lyon with walking tour of Old Lyon, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Visit to the twin towns of Tournon-sur-Rhône and Tain-l’Hermitage, the birthplace of the Syrah (Shiraz) grape variety.
- Visit to the famous UNESCO World Heritage sites of the Pont du Gard aqueduct and the Roman City of Orange, featuring the ancient Roman theater.
- Walking tour of UNESCO World Heritage-designated Avignon, featuring the spectacular Papal Palace and the famous medieval Pont d’Avignon.
- Transfers and luggage handling abroad if your arrival(s)/departure(s) coincide with the scheduled group transfer(s).
- Automatic $250,000 flight insurance policy for each participant ticketed on flights by Gohagan & Company.
- Complimentary use of an audio headset during guided excursions.
- Experienced Gohagan & Company Travel Directors at your service.
- Hospitality desk aboard ship.
- Complimentary bottled water in your Suite or Stateroom and on excursions.
- Gratuities to local guides and drivers on included excursions and transfers.
- All excursions and visits, as outlined above, with experienced, English-speaking local guides.
- Palette of Provence Pre-Cruise Option.
- Geneva and the French Alps Post-Cruise Option.
Dates May 15 – May 23, 2019
Cost $3,995* (*From Price. Airfare is not included. All prices are per person, based on double occupancy, and early booking deadlines. Dates, itineraries, and prices are subject to change.)
Contact Addie Natalie
800-852-TOUR (8687), ext. 3
May 15 Day 1 - Depart the U.S. or Canada
May 16 Day 2 - Marseille, France/Arles/Embark AMADEUS PROVENCE
May 17 Day 3 - Arles/Avignon
May 18 Day 4 - Avignon
May 19 Day 5 - Avignon/Châteauneuf-du-Pape for Pont du Gard and Orange/Saint-Étienne-des-Sorts
May 20 Day 6 - Tournon and Tain-l’Hermitage
May 21 Day 7 - Lyon for Beaujolais/Trévoux
May 22 Day 8 - Chalon-sur-Saône for Beaune/Mâcon
May 23 Day 9 - Lyon/Disembark ship/Return to the U.S. or Canada
*Itinerary subject to change due to local conditions.