From Auckland on the North Island to Doubtful Sound on the South Island, relish the adventure of New Zealand.
Experience wonder and welcome in New Zealand on this 13-night journey through the country’s breathtaking natural landscapes. Get to know Auckland’s mix of modern life and Maori traditions as you tour the city nestled between dormant volcanoes and scenic coastlines, then thrill to a Maori haka war dance. Fly to Dunedin on the South Island to learn how Scottish heritage influences Kiwi life. Take in the town’s quaint Victorian architecture and sample craft beers at a local brewery. Near Queenstown, explore Middle-earth while visiting locales used in the filming of “The Lord of the Rings,” then marvel at the rain forests of Fiordland National Park and cruise across Doubtful Sound, the park’s deepest fiord. See the ice blue Franz Josef Glacier up close on a walk along the glacier’s valley, then journey across the Southern Alps on the celebrated TranzAlpine rail. This small-group trip features first-class accommodations, enlightening lectures, extensive meals and wine with dinner.
Tour highlights and included features
- Two nights in Auckland, New Zealand, at the first-class Grand Mercure Auckland.
- Three nights in Dunedin at the first-class Scenic Hotel Southern Cross.
- Four nights in Queenstown at the deluxe Hotel St Moritz Queenstown.
- Two nights in Franz Josef Glacier at the first-class Scenic Hotel FJ Glacier.
- Two nights in Christchurch at the first-class Crowne Plaza Christchurch.
- All transfers in the Land Program: flight, train and deluxe motor coaches, plus baggage handling.
- 13 breakfasts, four lunches and five dinners, including Welcome and Farewell Dinners; tea or coffee with all meals, plus wine with dinner.
- Discovery excursions that highlight the local culture, heritage and history.
- Witness the emotional intensity of a traditional Maori haka war dance.
- Marvel at the enchanting landscapes that starred in the “Lord of the Rings” trilogy, filmed entirely in New Zealand.
- Ascend through alpine forests and traverse golden farm fields on an epic journey aboard the TranzAlpine train.
- Expert-led Enrichment programs enhance your insight into the region.
- Free time to pursue your individual interests.
- Welcome Reception to mingle with fellow travelers.
- Tipping of guides and drivers.
Dates Feb. 26 – March 12, 2020 Wait List Only
Cost $5,995* (Airfare is not included. All prices are per person, based on double occupancy, and early booking deadlines. Dates, itineraries, and prices are subject to change.)
Contact Laura DeRose
800-852-TOUR (8687), ext. 2