Experience the cultures and time-honored heritage of eight distinct countries while sailing the Danube River! Plus, bookend your cruise with stays in Sofia, Bulgaria, and Prague, Czech Republic. This special, handcrafted itinerary presents fascinating landmarks, iconic cities and authentic experiences to provide you with an up-close look at each destination. Witness cathedrals, synagogues and fortresses that spring from the pages of storybooks, and stroll through medieval towns brimming with hallowed history. Visit Vienna, Bratislava and Belgrade, and feast your eyes on an illuminated Budapest on an evening cruise. During your nine-night river adventure, discover beauty around every bend, from the picturesque Wachau Valley to Melk Abbey and the Iron Gate Gorge to idyllic villages perched above. Taste delicacies in Croatia’s Slavonia region and celebrate rich culture while enjoying a folk show and Viennese waltz performance. Along the way, included excursions immerse you in each destination’s cuisine, architecture, local life and much more. You’ll enjoy first-class ship accommodations, deluxe hotels and a generous meal plan featuring wine and beer with lunch and dinner. There is no single supplement for solo travelers!
Tour highlights and included features
Two nights in Sofia, Bulgaria, at the deluxe Sofia Hotel Balkan.
- Nine nights aboard the exclusively chartered, first-class MS Amadeus Silver II.
- Three nights in Prague, Czech Republic, at the deluxe Art Deco Imperial Hotel.
- Deluxe motor coach transfers during the Land | Cruise Program.
- 14 breakfasts, 10 lunches and 10 dinners, including Welcome and Farewell Dinners
- Tea or coffee with all meals, plus wine, beer or soft drinks with lunch and dinner.
- Visit 8 countries during this program.
- Discovery excursions and Personalize Your Journey | PYJ choices highlight the local culture, heritage and history.
- Expert-led Enrichment programs enhance your insight into the region.
- Free time to pursue your own interests.
- Welcome and Farewell Receptions.
- A personal VOX headset to hear your English-speaking guide clearly.
- Tipping of guides and drivers.
Dates Oct. 4 – Oct. 19, 2023
Cost $5,695* (*From price. Airfare is not included. All prices are per person, based on double occupancy, and early booking deadlines. Dates, itineraries, and prices are subject to change.)
Type Land and Cruise
Contact AHI Travel
Health and Safety Protocols
CANCELLATION: All cancellations must be submitted in writing to AHI Travel.
- Cancellation received up to 90 days prior to trip departure will incur a $300 per person administrative fee.
- Cancellation received 89 to 60 days prior to departure will result in forfeiture of 25% of the entire cost of the trip per person.
- Cancellation received 59-45 days prior to departure will result in forfeiture of 50% of the entire cost of the trip per person.
- Cancellation received 44 days prior to departure to the time of departure (or no show) will result in 100% forfeiture of the entire cost of the trip.
TRIP CANCELLATION INSURANCE IS AVAILABLE AND RECOMMENDED. AN APPLICATION WILL BE SENT AFTER YOU RESERVE.
If a tour is canceled by AHI Travel before the date of departure for reasons other than Force Majeure and the cancellation is not caused by your fault or negligence, you will have the choice of accepting one of these options from AHI Travel:
i) transfer to another date of the same tour, if available; ii) book another tour of equal or greater value, if available (you will be responsible for paying any difference in price); or iii) book another tour of lesser value, if available (with a refund payable to you for the difference in price); or iv) receive a full refund for the land-only portion of the applicable tour.
CANCELLATION GRACE PERIOD
Reservations made prior to 120 days before a tour´s scheduled departure date may be canceled within 7 days following the reservation date for a full refund. Reservations made within 120 days prior to a tour´s scheduled departure will not qualify for the grace period.
CANCELLATION OF TRIP OPTIONS
Purchases of optional excursions, pre- and/or post-tour extensions, additional hotel nights, private transfers or other trip options become fully non-refundable 44 days prior to departure. Air transportation purchases are subject only to penalties assessed by the airlines.