Since 1980, the Student-Alumni Council has been working to enhance the student experience at Ohio State. Members of SAC coordinate programing like the Homecoming Pep Rally, Dinners for 12 Buckeyes, and 5 Under 25 to bring together students and alumni. SAC is an award-winning organization that promotes a spirit of loyalty to this university.
The Student-Alumni Council is a great way to get connected with campus administrators, alumni, and other students while learning valuable professional and leadership skills.
“In SAC you join a committed, dedicated group of hard working people who instantly make your needs a priority. The friendship you gain in SAC will encourage you to become a better leader through brainstorming, planning and executing events that are truly all about our heritage as a University. No other organization with open so many doors for you during your time and after your time here at Ohio State.” Current SAC member
You might ask yourself, "Why join SAC?" Here are some reasons that members often cite when asked why they love the Student-Alumni Council:
- Outreach: The Student-Alumni Council focuses on reaching out to students, past, present and future. We have many initiatives that seek to benefit both students and alumni. You will find SAC members actively engaged in events and we are passionate about all of them.
- Leadership: SAC is a great way to get involved on campus and there are many opportunities to engage in leadership roles within the organization. From program coordinators to directors and executive board members, there is a lot that we seek to accomplish. SAC is a great way to refine your leadership skills.
- Service: Our members are always actively engaged in volunteering for other projects. Whether we are helping out at an Alumni Association event or assisting other student organizations with their campus programs, SAC is passionate about helping others!
- Friendship: Many SAC members cite this reason as their favorite for joining SAC. We enjoy what we do for the university, and having a great group of people to work with makes it so much more fun! Bonds that are formed between members of SAC are great, and you are bound to find a wonderful group of friends in our organization. And at the end of the day, SAC friendships make us feel like a family.
- Professionalism: Even though SAC likes to have fun, we learn many skills transferable to life after college. We ask a lot of our members and challenge each other to be professional. You will learn proper etiquette, networking skills, time management and event planning skills. The variety of experiences that SAC provides will make you a great candidate for a job and prepare you for the future.
How to Apply
Contact Vice President of Membership, Emily Pacenta for questions regarding SAC membership.
The Student-Alumni Council encourages all undergraduate students from every major and background to apply to our organization. If you are interested in working to connect past, present and future Ohio State students, SAC may be for you! Here are the steps to apply:
Information sessions are a great way to learn about the Student-Alumni Council. There will be a presentation, testimonials from current members andtime allotted to ask questions.
Information session dates are as follows:
- Tanya R. Rutner Room (Union) - 8/28- 7pm-8pm
- Tanya R. Rutner Room (Union)- 9/7 - 5pm-6pm
- Tanya R. Rutner Room (Union) - 9/14 - 5pm-6pm
- Tanya R. Rutner Room(Union) - 9/17 - 4pm-5pm
- Tanya R. Rutner Room (Union) - 9/21 - 5pm-6pm
- Dave Griner Room (RPAC) -9/25 - 7pm-8pm
- Tanya R. Rutner Room (Union) - 9/28 - 5pm-6pm
General Member Meetings
Prospective members are not required attend one of our general body meetings but it is highly encouraged! They provide insight into the way SAC operates and they showcase what the organization is doing at that specific time. Our general member meetings are held every Thursday at 6 p.m. in the Ohio Union starting on Thursday, September 7.
Prospective Member EventsThese events will help you better understand SAC. They are casual events where you can mingle and get to know the members of SAC. Please join us at these events for a fun way to socialize with the members of SAC while learning about the organization. Check back soon for more information about upcoming prospective new member events!
If you are interested in applying for the Student-Alumni Council please submit an application by September 29 at 11:59 p.m. The application can be found here
Our interview process will take place from October 21-23. Please keep this in mind when you are scheduling activities for late October.
Attend new member classes and retreat
If you are selected to become a new member of SAC, you will be REQUIRED to attend new member classes and the New Member Retreat. These will help you learn the inner workings of SAC and bring you up to speed with how we do all that we do! In addition to these, you will also be required to attend our weekly general member meetings.
New Member Retreat will be held on November 3-4.
New Member class dates are on the following days:
- November 19
- January 18
- January 21
Contact Vice President of Membership, Emily Pacenta