Since 1980, the Student-Alumni Council has been working to enhance the student experience at Ohio State. Members of SAC coordinate programing like the Homecoming Pep Rally, Dinners for 12 Buckeyes, and 5 Under 25 to bring together students and alumni. SAC is an award-winning organization that promotes a spirit of loyalty to this university.
The Student-Alumni Council is a great way to get connected with campus administrators, alumni, and other students while learning valuable professional and leadership skills.
“In SAC you join a committed, dedicated group of hard working people who instantly make your needs a priority. The friendship you gain in SAC will encourage you to become a better leader through brainstorming, planning and executing events that are truly all about our heritage as a University. No other organization with open so many doors for you during your time and after your time here at Ohio State.” Current SAC member
You might ask yourself, "Why join SAC?" Here are some reasons that members often cite when asked why they love the Student-Alumni Council:
- Outreach: The Student-Alumni Council focuses on reaching out to students, past, present and future. We have many initiatives that seek to benefit both students and alumni. You will find SAC members actively engaged in events and we are passionate about all of them.
- Leadership: SAC is a great way to get involved on campus and there are many opportunities to engage in leadership roles within the organization. From program coordinators to directors and executive board members, there is a lot that we seek to accomplish. SAC is a great way to refine your leadership skills.
- Service: Our members are always actively engaged in volunteering for other projects. Whether we are helping out at an Alumni Association event or assisting other student organizations with their campus programs, SAC is passionate about helping others!
- Friendship: Many SAC members cite this reason as their favorite for joining SAC. We enjoy what we do for the university, and having a great group of people to work with makes it so much more fun! Bonds that are formed between members of SAC are great, and you are bound to find a wonderful group of friends in our organization. And at the end of the day, SAC friendships make us feel like a family.
- Professionalism: Even though SAC likes to have fun, we learn many skills transferable to life after college. We ask a lot of our members and challenge each other to be professional. You will learn proper etiquette, networking skills, time management and event planning skills. The variety of experiences that SAC provides will make you a great candidate for a job and prepare you for the future.
How to Apply
Contact Vice President of Membership, Kylie Stickrath, for questions regarding SAC membership.
The 2019 SAC Application will open on the first day of classes, Tuesday, August 20 and remain open until Sunday, October 6 at 11:59 p.m.
The Student-Alumni Council encourages all undergraduate students from every major and background to apply to our organization. If you are interested in working to connect past, present and future Ohio State students, SAC may be for you! Here are the steps to apply:
Information sessions are a great way to learn about the Student-Alumni Council. There will be a presentation, testimonials from current members and time allotted to ask questions.
If you are interested in applying to Student-Alumni Council, you must attend one information session.
Information session dates are as follows:
- Thursday, September 5 at 5 p.m. – Ohio Union, Hays Cape Room
- Tuesday, September 10 at 6 p.m. – Ohio Union, Tanya Rutner Hartman Room
- Sunday, September 15 at 6 p.m. – Ohio Union, SAC Room
- Wednesday, September 18 at 8 p.m. – RPAC, Meeting Room 2
- Tuesday, September 24 at 6 p.m. – Ohio Union, Tanya Rutner Hartman Room
- Sunday, September 29 at 4 p.m. – Ohio Union, Barbie Tootle Room
- Wednesday, October 2 at 4 p.m. – Ohio Union, SAC Room
General Member Meetings
Prospective members are not required attend one of our general body meetings but it is highly encouraged! They provide insight into the way SAC operates and they showcase what the organization is doing at that specific time. Our general member meetings are held every Thursday at 6 p.m. in the Student-Alumni Council Room in the Ohio Union starting on Thursday, August 29.
Prospective Member Events
These events will help you better understand SAC. They are casual events where you can mingle and get to know the members of SAC. Please join us at these events for a fun way to socialize with the members of SAC while learning about the organization:
- Chillin’ with SAC: September 4 from 6 to 8 p.m. on the Oval
- What’s Poppin’ with SAC?: September 16 from 6 to 8 p.m. on the Oval
- Get a Slice of SAC: October 1 from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Curl Volleyball Courts
If you are interested in applying for Student-Alumni Council, the 2019 application will open on August 20. Applications are due on October 6 at 11:59 p.m.
Our interview process will take place November 1–4. Please keep this in mind when you are scheduling activities for early November.
Attend new member classes and retreat
If you are selected to become a new member of SAC, you will be REQUIRED to attend new member classes and the New Member Retreat. These will help you learn the inner workings of SAC and bring you up to speed with how we do all that we do! In addition to these, you will also be required to attend our weekly general member meetings.
New Member Retreat will be held on November 15–16.
New Member class dates are on the following days:
- November 20
- December 3
Contact Vice President of Membership, Kylie Stickrath.