Buckeyes Give: Month of Service resources
Buckeyes give back. It’s who we are. It’s what we do. We help our neighbors, our community, our friends, our family, and we have a blast doing it. So what better time than during the annual Month of Service in April to make a difference in the world around you?
Gather your coworkers, friends and family. Think of a way to positively impact your community and join Buckeyes across the nation for an inspiring Month of Service.
Oh, and did we mention that you and your group will get awesome Buckeye Volunteer T-shirts?
Just another perk of being a member of Buckeye Nation!
Buckeyes Give: Month of Service project organizing toolkit
Step 1: Identify your project
Determine the biggest needs in your community and how many volunteers you'd like to participate.
Contact the organizations you want to help. Be flexible on date, time and group size.
Step 2: Post your project
Getting your project up and running on Ohio State VolunteerMatch is quick and easy. Just follow these simple steps:
- Visit volunteer.osu.edu
- Click SIGN IN, enter your username and password, or if this is your first time, follow the steps to set up your account
- Click Your Activities
- Click Suggest, then Suggest a new opportunity
- Under Select a campaign, choose Buckeyes Give: Month of Service
- Fill in the rest of the fields and click save
The Office of Volunteer Relations will contact you to review your project and get it approved. You will be listed as the project lead, so you’ll be able to easily communicate with all of your volunteers.
Step 3: Spread the word!
Now that your project is up and approved, it’s time to get some volunteers. Use your project’s VolunteerMatch link to help folks sign up. Email the link to your friends, post it on social media — anything to get the news out and people signed up. The Office of Volunteer Relations will coordinate recruitment emails from the Alumni Association to promote your project.
Step 4: Project prep
Now that your project is set and you’ve gathered your volunteers, it’s time to make sure your project goes off without a hitch. Download this handy checklist to make sure you’re all set for the big day.
Step 5: Report back
We want to hear all about how it went! What did you do? How many people participated? What was one of the most memorable moments?
Share all the best moments on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and make sure to use the hashtag #BuckeyesGive.
- To participate in the Buckeyes Give: Month of Service, all projects should occur between April 1-30.
- Projects submitted on Ohio State VolunteerMatch will receive a reply within 72 hours.
- 10 business days in advance of your service project, email Nadine at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your mailing address for your shirts.