It’s time to share some kindness
This year, we’re all about celebrating and encouraging those acts of connection and compassion that make us smile from ear to ear. Whether it’s a grand gesture or a small note that says “I’m thinking about you,” we want to know how you express and experience kindness.
Today’s the day to share what kindness means to you. How you are kind to others. How compassion and connection make you — and the ones you love — feel deep down. However you define #BuckeyeLove, whatever you do to express that love to others, now’s the time to share it with the world.
Kindness and Compassion 101: Just 3 simple steps
Step 1: Choose wisely
There are so many ways to be kind and compassionate. Think of one that means something special to you and the person you’re doing it for.
- Make a gratitude list
- Take a walk outside
- Unplug for an hour
- Relax with a bath
- Learn something new
- Listen to an inspirational podcast
- Eat healthy
- Learn to fully accept compliments
- Dance to your favorite song
- Pick up litter on the street
- Bike instead of drive
- Donate socks to a homeless shelter
- Put a bird feeder in your yard
- Create a feel-good sign and place it in your window
- Donate blood
- Support local businesses
- Donate towels to animal shelter
- Return a lost shopping cart
- Use a reusable water bottle
- Text someone “Good morning!” or “Goodnight!”
- Send an interesting article to a friend
- Let someone go in front of you in line
- Write a letter to a teacher who made a difference
- Buy coffee for the person behind you in line
- Call your grandparents
- Paint a rock with a kind message and leave it
- Let someone have the primo parking spot
- Leave quarters at the laundromat
- Ask the cashier how their day is going
Step 2: Just do
It’s really as easy as that. Once you think of a great way to be kind to someone else, simply take a moment to do it — you won’t regret it.
Share your #BUCKEYELOVE today
Spread #BuckeyeLove on Social Media
- Include #BuckeyeLove in your Facebook, Instagram and Twitter posts.
- Search the hashtag and join in the conversation.
Frame Your #BuckeyeLove on Facebook
- Select your picture.
- Scale it with the frame.
- Click “Use as Profile Picture.”
Use the #BuckeyeLove GIF Sticker on Instagram
- Select or snap a pic for your IG story.
- Tap the icon resembling a square smiley face.
- Select the “GIF” icon.
- Search #BuckeyeLove and tap the first GIF.
Check it out!