#BuckeyeLove is unique to Ohio State: Our students, alumni, faculty, staff and friends are passionate about their connections to the university and with Buckeye Nation. They are making an impact around campus and beyond.
Here are just 14 examples of #BuckeyeLove in action around the world:
1. Our students believe every kid deserves to be a Buckeye. With the ultimate goal of ending childhood cancer, BuckeyeThon raises money throughout the year to support the kids treated at Nationwide Children’s Hospital. In 2015, BuckeyeThon raised more than $1.2 million For The Kids.
2. Thousands of students choose to serve others during their winter, spring and summer breaks. There are 90 different Buck-I-SERV trips, and students traveled to 36 service sites across the globe over this past winter break in the name of #BuckeyeLove.
3. Our researchers, students and staff are helping mothers and their babies around the globe. The OSU/Greif Neonatal Program celebrated gains in the fight against infant mortality in Hinche, Haiti, where faculty and staff contributed 2,300 teaching and training hours to revolutionize neonatal care in 2014. Buckeyes also are developing interventionsto counter low life expectancy and high incidence of HIV in Malawi.
8. Teachers like this guy are what make Ohio State great. From teaching history of the Holocaust to primate behaviors, our professors are making a mark at Ohio State with their passion for teaching and the connections they have with their students.
9. And researchers like these are making our world a better place. Rocky glacial terrain won’t stand in their way when it comes to studying climate change and threats to crops and water supply for millions of people in Latin America.
10. Through study abroad programs and the International Gateways, Buckeye Pride isn’t bound by borders.Just search our #BuckeyesAbroad hashtag on Twitter to see service trips, internships, research projects and more. Committed to global partnerships, Ohio State has opened Global Gateways in China, India and Brazil.