Feature by category
Currently showing features tagged with "Health/Wellness"
July 30, 2015
- Every August, thousands of riders hop on their bikes with one goal: to end cancer. Pelotonia, a two-day ride that crisscrosses central Ohio, has raised more than $92 million so far to fund cancer research at Ohio State. Below are the stories of a few Team Buckeye members and why they ride.
Studying life in America
June 17, 2015
- A recent $52 million contract renewal ensures that Ohio State will continue leading a survey that examines the lives of everyday Americans, which provides invaluable information to social scientists about the way we learn, work, raise our families and more.
Fulbrights at Ohio State
February 12, 2015
- From teaching English in Germany to developing online courses in Jamaica, Ohio State's Fulbrights pursue their dreams and make a difference abroad. Learn more about these 2014-15 Fulbrights and how they're strengthening international relationships.
2014: year in review
December 29, 2014
- Welcoming a new university president, sending a record number of Fulbright scholars across the world, unparalleled fundraising for cancer research and celebrating more than 15,000 Buckeyes earning their degrees — these are just a few of the highlights from a thrilling 2014 at Ohio State.
'Breaking new ground'
November 13, 2014
- The numbers are in, and more than $21 million was raised by riders and their supporters during Pelotonia 14. Those dollars move researchers and patients like Wally Yocum closer to a cancer-free world.
A fall week in photos
November 12, 2014
- What does Ohio State look like in fall? Photographers throughout campus recently captured a week in the life of Buckeyes – from sunrise on the Oval to students and researchers huddled in the lab. The big picture: Autumn at Ohio State is beautiful and eventful.
Return to the water
October 17, 2014
- Blake Haxton arrived on Ohio State’s campus as a patient at the Wexner Medical Center, where doctors fought against incredibly bleak odds to save his life. Today, Haxton is a Fisher College of Business graduate, a Moritz College of Law student and a member of the U.S. Para-rowing national team – with sights set on the Paralympics in 2016.
Cancer fight at Ohio State gains momentum
September 23, 2014
- The Midwest’s largest cancer hospital is about to open at Ohio State, and a globally recognized leader in the fight against cancer is taking the helm at Pelotonia, which has raised $61 million for cancer research at Ohio State.
Gateways strengthen ties, create opportunities
September 07, 2014
- Ohio State is creating a Buckeye presence that goes far beyond the borders of Ohio or the United States with the help of its three Global Gateways located in China, India and Brazil.
"What I did this summer"
September 07, 2014
- Travel around the world with our interactive map to learn how Ohio State students spent their summer "breaks."
August 30, 2014
- Check out this year’s game day television spot: #ThisisOhioState. Catching a game in the Shoe this season? Check the scoreboard for points of pride about Ohio State.
July 15, 2014
- Ohio State fielded a record number of Fulbright Scholars during the 2013-14 academic year. Learn more about these faculty members' projects and experiences with this interactive map showing their work around the world.
Happy cats, healthy cats
April 28, 2014
- Dr. Tony Buffington has spent a career researching the physiological effects of environmental stressors on cats – and applying lessons learned to human suffering. In a new digital book and iTunes U course, he explains the relationship between happiness and good health.
April 03, 2014
- In Ethiopia, cervical cancer kills thousands of women each year, and stray rabid dogs routinely endanger the human population. Ohio State has partnered with academic institutions and service agencies in Ethiopia to tackle these issues and others with the bold goal of improving global health.
Ohio State's Denman Forum showcases undergrad research
March 20, 2014
- At Ohio State's Denman Forum, hundreds of undergraduate researchers show off their studies. Their projects seek to solve a gamut of complicated problems, from cancer to energy crises to discrimination.
Innovation at Ohio State
February 21, 2014
- Eureka! From a better ice cream cone to a vaccine that can prevent cancer in cats, the discovery of Freon for refrigeration to the use of ice cores, Ohio State has a long history of solving problems that affect our lives. See Ohio State discoveries and inventions through the years.
A healthy 2014
December 30, 2013
- Want to make better health choices? Use Ohio State research as a guide.
July 19, 2013
- $49.5 million. That’s what Pelotonia riders have raised since 2009 for innovative cancer research—and each dollar goes directly to research at Ohio State.
Congrats to the Class of 2013!
April 01, 2013
- Ohio State grads are ready to change the world. They're tackling the world's biggest challenges and committing themselves to service, locally and globally--all while remembering their Buckeye roots.
January 01, 2013
- New Year's brings a focus on healthy living. Have a goal to reach? Take Ohio State experts' advice.
A cornucopia of research
November 19, 2012
- The holidays bring a big focus on food--but for Ohio State researchers, food safety is a yearlong job.
November 08, 2012
- From renewable energy to the link between health and food, Ohio State faculty are tackling major societal issues that affect everyday lives.
The heart of innovation
October 27, 2012
- Ohio State is at the forefront of heart care, with cardiac specialists working side by side with researchers across campus to uncover the secrets of heart disease.
Ohio State kicks off fundraising campaign
October 03, 2012
- But for Ohio State, the university's $2.5 billion fundraising campaign, will take Ohio State from excellence to eminence--using research and innovation to solve major world problems while supporting students and faculty on a world-class campus.
Toward a cancer-free world
September 29, 2012
- Ohio State's work toward a cancer-free world is the focus of a new game-day TV spot.
What I Did This Summer
August 27, 2012
- From helping orphans in Ghana to going behind the scenes at ESPN and Disney, Ohio State students made the most of their summer break. Here, Buckeyes share their stories of service, studying, career-building, and sightseeing.
SCARLET Laser Focus
August 09, 2012
- Ohio State's new SCARLET laser sets the stage for decades of research in areas as diverse as cancer therapy and fusion energy.
August 04, 2012
- Since 2009, Pelotonia riders have raised $25 million for cancer research. Every penny goes directly to innovative cancer research at Ohio State's Comprehensive Cancer Center-James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute.
June 05, 2012
- One-third of American adults are obese--and it's not all because of poor diet and exercise habits. Ohio State researchers are finding out how to help.
May 03, 2012
- TEDx is dedicated to "ideas worth spreading." Buckeyes have plenty of those—so Ohio State students recently organized the first TEDxOhioStateUniversity.
The Big Ideas
January 01, 2012
- Whether it's finding cancer early enough to save lives or revamping the way we think of "old folks' homes," seven Ohio State faculty members shared ideas to change the world.