Feature by category
Currently showing features tagged with "Outreach"
Fulbrights at Ohio State
February 26, 2015
- From teaching English in Germany to developing online courses in Jamaica, Ohio State's Fulbrights pursue their dreams and make a difference abroad. Learn more about these 2014-15 Fulbrights and how they're strengthening international relationships.
2014: year in review
December 29, 2014
- Welcoming a new university president, sending a record number of Fulbright scholars across the world, unparalleled fundraising for cancer research and celebrating more than 15,000 Buckeyes earning their degrees — these are just a few of the highlights from a thrilling 2014 at Ohio State.
Bringing the arts to campus for 25 years
September 17, 2014
- With the exhibition Transfigurations at the heart of its celebration, this fall the Wexner Center for the Arts marks 25 years as the first fully multidisciplinary arts institution on a university campus. Since 1989, it has supported the work of hundreds of artists; curated exhibitions from Leibovitz to Warhol; brought Hollywood to Ohio State; featured a wide array of theater, dance and music; and inspired countless youth to seize their creativity.
"What I did this summer"
September 07, 2014
- Travel around the world with our interactive map to learn how Ohio State students spent their summer "breaks."
August 30, 2014
- Check out this year’s game day television spot: #ThisisOhioState. Catching a game in the Shoe this season? Check the scoreboard for points of pride about Ohio State.
July 15, 2014
- Ohio State fielded a record number of Fulbright Scholars during the 2013-14 academic year. Learn more about these faculty members' projects and experiences with this interactive map showing their work around the world.
Campus and beyond: President Drake's first day
June 30, 2014
- President Michael V. Drake spent his first day meeting with students, faculty and staff before taking part in a community-wide partnership that includes Ohio State and will improve the lives of people living on Columbus’ Near East Side.
June 18, 2014
- Interim President Joseph A. Alutto reflects on the importance of Ohio State’s historic land-grant mission and its critical role for the future.
Weinland Park Story Book
June 09, 2014
- In the summer of 2013, a group of teenagers and an educator from the Wexner Center for the Arts spread out across a low-income neighborhood just a few blocks from the Ohio State campus. They fought through rain, sunburn and blistered feet to gather community members’ stories about life during a time of transition and turned it into art: the Weinland Park Story Book.
Three graduates to watch
April 23, 2014
- At Ohio State, an ordinary day can turn into something extraordinary. It’s a unique experience – a “Buckeye moment.”
April 03, 2014
- In Ethiopia, cervical cancer kills thousands of women each year, and stray rabid dogs routinely endanger the human population. Ohio State has partnered with academic institutions and service agencies in Ethiopia to tackle these issues and others with the bold goal of improving global health.
A warm Buckeye welcome
January 31, 2014
- On January 30, Ohio State announced Dr. Michael Drake as the university's 15th president. The university community gave the president-designate and his wife, Brenda, a warm welcome--on campus and on the Web. Scroll through our Storify to see social media highlights.
December 04, 2013
- Ohio State boasts a record number of Fulbright recipients this year. Use our interactive map to find out about 16 Buckeyes teaching and studying around the world.
Ohio State hosts National Conversation on American Unity
October 15, 2013
- Amid a federal government shutdown, Ohio State hosts a conversation on American Unity. "Today, more than ever, we need solutions that bring people together and set aside partisan rancor," says Interim President Joseph A. Alutto.
Homecoming/Reunion Weekend 2013
October 09, 2013
- As Ohio State celebrates Homecoming and Reunion Weekend, find out why Betty Schoenbaum, Class of 1939, is still "so thrilled that I'm part of Ohio State."
Fall arts at Ohio State
September 18, 2013
- From Shakespeare to Sun Ra, there's something for every taste this fall at Ohio State. Local and international musicians, actors, dancers and visual artists visit the campus to share the arts with the Columbus community.
July 10, 2013
- Education brings a lifetime of benefits to people, from greater economic opportunities to job satisfaction to better health. Ohio State researchers are studying how people learn best--from preschool to old age, and everywhere in between.
Pay it forward
April 21, 2013
- From dancing for a cure to alternative break programs, Ohio State students are big on service.
Congrats to the Class of 2013!
April 01, 2013
- Ohio State grads are ready to change the world. They're tackling the world's biggest challenges and committing themselves to service, locally and globally--all while remembering their Buckeye roots.
March 01, 2013
- Best of luck to the Buckeyes as they head into March Madness!
President Gee on the Future of Higher Ed
January 31, 2013
- Too many college students across the nation aren't graduating. President E. Gordon Gee is at the helm of a national commission tasked with finding solutions.
The Lost Boys of Sudan
January 02, 2013
- Once Lost Boys of Sudan, Bol Aweng and Jok Dau are now proud Ohio State alumni, working with fellow Buckeyes to save children in their homeland.
January 01, 2013
- New Year's brings a focus on healthy living. Have a goal to reach? Take Ohio State experts' advice.
November 07, 2012
- On Veterans Day, Ohio State salutes servicemen and women at home (more than 3,000 on campus) and around the world.
Ohio State kicks off fundraising campaign
October 03, 2012
- But for Ohio State, the university's $2.5 billion fundraising campaign, will take Ohio State from excellence to eminence--using research and innovation to solve major world problems while supporting students and faculty on a world-class campus.
Fall arts at Ohio State
September 30, 2012
- Annie Leibovitz's work has been in magazines from Vanity Fair to Rolling Stone—and now, through a Wexner Center exhibition, the renowned American portrait photographer has a presence on Ohio State's campus.
Toward a cancer-free world
September 29, 2012
- Ohio State's work toward a cancer-free world is the focus of a new game-day TV spot.
What I Did This Summer
August 27, 2012
- From helping orphans in Ghana to going behind the scenes at ESPN and Disney, Ohio State students made the most of their summer break. Here, Buckeyes share their stories of service, studying, career-building, and sightseeing.
June 05, 2012
- One-third of American adults are obese--and it's not all because of poor diet and exercise habits. Ohio State researchers are finding out how to help.
Invention to Innovation to Impact
April 05, 2012
- With a new Technology Commercialization headquarters at South Campus Gateway and an innovative partnership with Ohio University, Ohio State is intensifying its focus on bringing cutting-edge research to the marketplace.
Celebrating John Glenn
February 02, 2012
- Ohio State honors an extraordinary Ohioan on the 50th anniversary of his historic flight.
The Big Ideas
January 01, 2012
- Whether it's finding cancer early enough to save lives or revamping the way we think of "old folks' homes," seven Ohio State faculty members shared ideas to change the world.
October 24, 2011
- Ohio State names comprehensive breast center to honor Stefanie Spielman.
President Gee's State Tour
September 27, 2011
- Each summer, President Gee tours Ohio. The highlight: meeting "fiercely loyal Ohioans—11 million—who love Ohio State and who are its owners."