May 26, 2013
Completed in 1893, both Orton Hall and the Orton Geological Museum are named for Edward Orton Senior, the first president of the university.
Orton Hall exhibits are actual mammoth and mastodon teeth, a full-sized replica of a Tyrannosaurus rex skull, a fluorescent mineral booth and meteorites. The centerpiece of the exhibit hall is the mounted skeleton of a giant ground sloth, one of four found in the state.
View fullsize image