Ohio State Impact in All 88 Counties
Students: Based on the Fall 15-day enrollment report
Scholarships: Total, aggregate awarded scholarships for FY22 (does not include grants such as Pell or OCOG)
Alumni: Total number of alumni currently residing in the county
Donors: Total number of donors currently residing in the county
New Fundraising Activity: In-hand donations and an outstanding balance of pledges and planned gifts
Employees: Currently based on headcount
Buildings: Pulled from GIS data
Founded as a land-grant institution in 1870, The Ohio State University was created to expand access to higher education beyond the wealthy, enable its students to explore a broad array of subjects, and produce graduates who had not only acquired knowledge, but who had learned how to apply it.
Driven to forge connections, create opportunity and lead with purpose, The Ohio State University and its people have developed solutions people need throughout its 153-year history. This work endures today across six campuses, a constellation of health care facilities, extension offices and agricultural research stations, and a network of partners and outreach offices that spans the globe. Ohio State proudly supports:
- Nearly 700,000 living and working alumni in communities around the world.
- Nearly 117,000 jobs in Ohio.
- Six campuses provide high-quality, affordable education to more than 65,000 students.
- Research and innovation, ranked 6th nationally for industry-sponsored research conducted and 12th among all universities in research expenditures.
- The first-ever science park devoted to space research.
- More than 100 medical facility locations that serve as major referral centers for patients throughout Ohio and the Midwest.