Rivals and partners
November 21, 2014
- One of college football's most storied rivalries comes to Ohio Stadium on Nov. 29, when the Buckeyes face down the Wolverines. Use our interactive timeline to take a look back at The Game, and check out the ways Ohio State and Michigan partner together off the field to advance research.
'Breaking new ground'
November 13, 2014
- The numbers are in, and more than $21 million was raised by riders and their supporters during Pelotonia 14. Those dollars move researchers and patients like Wally Yocum closer to a cancer-free world.
A fall week in photos
November 12, 2014
- What does Ohio State look like in fall? Photographers throughout campus recently captured a week in the life of Buckeyes – from sunrise on the Oval to students and researchers huddled in the lab. The big picture: Autumn at Ohio State is beautiful and eventful.
"The heart of innovation"
October 31, 2014
- In his first University Address, President Michael V. Drake discusses what it means to be a leading land-grant university in the 21st century.
Return to the water
October 17, 2014
- Blake Haxton arrived on Ohio State’s campus as a patient at the Wexner Medical Center, where doctors fought against incredibly bleak odds to save his life. Today, Haxton is a Fisher College of Business graduate, a Moritz College of Law student and a member of the U.S. Para-rowing national team – with sights set on the Paralympics in 2016.
New hospital, new hope
October 15, 2014
- As the nation’s third-largest cancer hospital opens at Ohio State in December, more patients will benefit from state-of-the-art facilities and unparalleled expertise in battling cancer. There will be more survivors, like Allyn Sachs, who says, “I’m just going to live my life and not worry about (cancer).”
Eye on the ball
October 03, 2014
- Batter up! It takes great hitting to win the World Series. Could optometry research at Ohio State uncover the subtleties of a better batting average?
Success with the Game of Life
October 02, 2014
- Reuben Klamer, Class of 1944, is a titan of the toy industry, credited with more than 200 creations, including the Game of Life. He returns to Ohio State to meet with students and give back to his alma mater.
Behind the scenes of halftime magic
September 30, 2014
- It takes ingenuity and hard work to pull off halftime shows that go viral before the last seconds tick off at a Buckeye football game. In the videos below, see how The Ohio State University Marching Band brought the Wizard of Oz, The Rolling Stones and many more to Ohio Stadium this season.
Cancer fight at Ohio State gains momentum
September 23, 2014
- The Midwest’s largest cancer hospital is about to open at Ohio State, and a globally recognized leader in the fight against cancer is taking the helm at Pelotonia, which has raised $61 million for cancer research at Ohio State.
Bringing the arts to campus for 25 years
September 17, 2014
- With the exhibition Transfigurations at the heart of its celebration, this fall the Wexner Center for the Arts marks 25 years as the first fully multidisciplinary arts institution on a university campus. Since 1989, it has supported the work of hundreds of artists; curated exhibitions from Leibovitz to Warhol; brought Hollywood to Ohio State; featured a wide array of theater, dance and music; and inspired countless youth to seize their creativity.
"What I did this summer"
September 07, 2014
- Travel around the world with our interactive map to learn how Ohio State students spent their summer "breaks."
Gateways strengthen ties, create opportunities
September 07, 2014
- Ohio State is creating a Buckeye presence that goes far beyond the borders of Ohio or the United States with the help of its three Global Gateways located in China, India and Brazil.
August 30, 2014
- Check out this year’s game day television spot: #ThisisOhioState. Catching a game in the Shoe this season? Check the scoreboard for points of pride about Ohio State.
125 seasons of Buckeye football
August 25, 2014
- This fall, Ohio State celebrates 125 seasons of Buckeye football. This timeline takes you from a vastly different game played in 1890 through the decades of game day traditions, seven national championships and every Heisman Trophy to present day. Check out coverage all season long via #GoBucks125.
Hidden gems on campus
August 13, 2014
- As a new school year arrives, it's a beautiful time of year to take a closer look at campus, whether you're a first-year student or an alum coming home to visit.
Ohio State app updated
July 25, 2014
- As students return to campus this fall, the popular Ohio State app has new features in its latest version, including Carmen grades, advising information and maps with improved parking garage information.
Time and change
July 23, 2014
- "Time and change will surely show. How firm thy friendship O-hi-o." - Carmen Ohio. See Ohio State through the years, with imagery courtesy of University Archives.
July 15, 2014
- Ohio State fielded a record number of Fulbright Scholars during the 2013-14 academic year. Learn more about these faculty members' projects and experiences with this interactive map showing their work around the world.
Campus and beyond: President Drake's first day
June 30, 2014
- President Michael V. Drake spent his first day meeting with students, faculty and staff before taking part in a community-wide partnership that includes Ohio State and will improve the lives of people living on Columbus’ Near East Side.
June 18, 2014
- Interim President Joseph A. Alutto reflects on the importance of Ohio State’s historic land-grant mission and its critical role for the future.
Weinland Park Story Book
June 09, 2014
- In the summer of 2013, a group of teenagers and an educator from the Wexner Center for the Arts spread out across a low-income neighborhood just a few blocks from the Ohio State campus. They fought through rain, sunburn and blistered feet to gather community members’ stories about life during a time of transition and turned it into art: the Weinland Park Story Book.
May 06, 2014
- Thousands of new Buckeyes will visit Ohio State’s campus this summer for orientation. What will they discover?
Their Buckeye moment: Commencement
May 05, 2014
- Congratulations to the 10,200 newest alumni of The Ohio State University! Experience the sights, sounds and sentiments of Commencement Day in the words of the Class of 2014.
Happy cats, healthy cats
April 28, 2014
- Dr. Tony Buffington has spent a career researching the physiological effects of environmental stressors on cats – and applying lessons learned to human suffering. In a new digital book and iTunes U course, he explains the relationship between happiness and good health.
Recognizing excellence 2014
April 23, 2014
- Smiles, confusion, laughter and even some tears can accompany the surprise visits from university leaders every spring, as faculty around Ohio State are recognized for excellence in the classroom, in research and in service.
Three graduates to watch
April 23, 2014
- At Ohio State, an ordinary day can turn into something extraordinary. It’s a unique experience – a “Buckeye moment.”
Sustainability solutions tested daily at Ohio State
April 15, 2014
- Green is another color celebrated at Ohio State on a daily basis, and this Earth Day the university is being recognized for its sustainability efforts. Ohio State is a finalist for the 2014 Second Nature Climate Leadership Award, which recognizes innovation and leadership for sustainability, climate mitigation and adaptation.
April 03, 2014
- In Ethiopia, cervical cancer kills thousands of women each year, and stray rabid dogs routinely endanger the human population. Ohio State has partnered with academic institutions and service agencies in Ethiopia to tackle these issues and others with the bold goal of improving global health.
Ohio State's Denman Forum showcases undergrad research
March 20, 2014
- At Ohio State's Denman Forum, hundreds of undergraduate researchers show off their studies. Their projects seek to solve a gamut of complicated problems, from cancer to energy crises to discrimination.
Aaron Craft timeline
March 12, 2014
- Over the last four years, Aaron Craft has given his all.
This Ohio native son has shown grit on the basketball court, drive in the classroom, and compassion through community service. Here is a closer look at the backstory of Ohio State's beloved No. 4.
Innovation at Ohio State
February 21, 2014
- Eureka! From a better ice cream cone to a vaccine that can prevent cancer in cats, the discovery of Freon for refrigeration to the use of ice cores, Ohio State has a long history of solving problems that affect our lives. See Ohio State discoveries and inventions through the years.
Buckeye love is in the air
February 13, 2014
- In February, Buckeyes share their love. We asked students, alumni, faculty, staff and friends to share their Ohio State love stories using #BuckeyeLove. Scroll through our Storify to read highlights from Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
February 03, 2014
- Congrats to Buckeye Olympians including Natalie Spooner, who helped Canada win gold.
A warm Buckeye welcome
January 31, 2014
- On January 30, Ohio State announced Dr. Michael Drake as the university's 15th president. The university community gave the president-designate and his wife, Brenda, a warm welcome--on campus and on the Web. Scroll through our Storify to see social media highlights.
Winter arts at Ohio State
January 29, 2014
- This season, arts abound at Ohio State. International flair, classic tales and unlimited creativity shape the winter arts offerings.
A healthy 2014
December 30, 2013
- Want to make better health choices? Use Ohio State research as a guide.
Season in review
November 19, 2013
- Throughout the 2014 season, Buckeye fans and friends shared their favorite moments of the 2014 season on social media. Scroll through the Storify to see the sights and sounds of Buckeye football.