Young Alumni Academy
Young Alumni Academy (YAA) is a professional and personal development program for young Ohio State alumni. If you are interested in the 2022–2023 cohort, please complete this interest form and we’ll notify you when applications become available. In the meantime, feel free to check out information about last year’s cohort.
YAA is designed to empower young Buckeyes and provide them with the skills they need to be successful — in the workplace and in life. Throughout the program, participants will hear from experts and community leaders about a variety of topics, including salary negotiation, conflict resolution and inclusion.
In addition to professional development, participants will participate in sessions designed to help them connect with other Buckeyes. YAA fosters relationships between young professionals within the Ohio State community, while providing opportunities to connect with seasoned alumni for networking, advice and professional guidance.
• All Young Alumni Academy sessions will occur virtually via Zoom. Participants can be located anywhere with reliable internet access.
• All alumni of The Ohio State University who are under the age of 30 are eligible to apply.
• The application consists of a current resume and a few short-answer essays.
• The selection committee for Young Alumni Academy will consist of Ohio State faculty, staff and alumni.
Young Alumni Academy tuition is $45, and includes access to all professional development sessions, YAA apparel and gifts. Payment is due upon acceptance into the academy.
How to apply
We are not currently accepting applications for Young Alumni Academy. Information about the 2022-2023 cohort will be available during Summer 2022.
All sessions will be held from 6–7:15 p.m. ET unless otherwise noted.
• Tuesday, October 19, 2021 — Welcome/Program Overview
• Tuesday, November 9, 2021 — Session I
• Tuesday, December 7, 2021 — Session II
• Tuesday, January 11, 2022 — Session III
• Tuesday, February 8, 2022 — Session IV
• Tuesday, March 8, 2022 — Session V
• Tuesday, April 12, 2022 — Closing Celebration
Networking & Relationship Building (attend at least three):
• Tuesday, October 26, 2021
• Thursday, November 18, 2021
• Thursday, December 16, 2021
• Thursday, January 27, 2022
• Thursday, February 24, 2022
• Thursday, March 24, 2022
Completion of the program
Participants should plan to commit 2-4 hours per month to this program.
Participants are expected to attend all monthly sessions, in addition to the opening and closing celebrations. Participants are also expected to participate in three networking events and four micro-mentoring meetings. More information on these requirements will be provided upon acceptance into the program.
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will be invited to join an emeriti group to stay connected with The Ohio State University Alumni Association.
Please contact Lindsay Seminara at email@example.com.