Young Alumni Academy
Young Alumni Academy (YAA) is a professional and personal development program for young Ohio State alumni.
YAA is designed to empower young alumni to continue their support of the University and provide them with the skills they need to be successful — in the workplace and in life- to becoming future Buckeye leaders. Throughout the program, participants will hear from experts and community leaders about a variety of topics including; the mission of the alumni association, leadership, salary negotiation, effective communication and inclusion.
YAA fosters relationships between young professionals within the Ohio State community, while providing opportunities to give back and connect with seasoned alumni for networking, advice and professional guidance.
How to apply
The Young Alumni Academy application process will be opening shortly. Stay tuned for more information.
Application includes contact, education and demographic information, essay questions and professional resume.
• Brief Bio (max 200 words)
• Why do you want to be a part of 2024 Young Alumni Academy? (2,000 character limit)
• If you had access to unlimited time, funds or resources, how would you see yourself paying forward for Ohio State? (2,500 character limit)
• All Young Alumni Academy sessions will occur in-person.
• All alumni of The Ohio State University who are 30 years of age and under are encouraged to apply.
• The application consists of a current resume and a few short-answer essays.
• The selection committee for Young Alumni Academy will consist of Ohio State faculty, staff and alumni.
Completion of the program
Participants should plan to commit 3–5 hours per month to this program.
Participants are expected to:
• attend all monthly sessions
• participate in at least one of the two networking events
• complete required volunteer hours
More information on these requirements will be provided upon acceptance into the program.
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will be invited to join an emeriti group to stay connected with The Ohio State University Alumni Association.
Contact Carly Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org.