Young Alumni Academy
Young Alumni Academy (YAA) is a professional and personal development program for young Ohio State alumni in the central Ohio area.
Applications for the 2019-2020 cohort are no longer being accepted. Applications for the 2020-2021 cohort will be available in June 2020.
YAA is designed to empower young Buckeyes and provide them with the skills they need to be successful, in the workplace and in life. Throughout the 10–month program, participants have the opportunity to hear from experts and community leaders about a variety of topics, including things like salary negotiation, work–life balance and personal branding. YAA is a cohort–based program and fosters relationships between young professionals within the Ohio State community. In addition, participants will be matched with an alumnus mentor based on similar experiences or goals. Upon completion of YAA, graduates will be invited to join an emeriti group to stay connected with The Ohio State University Alumni Association.
Tuition for Young Alumni Academy includes 10 catered meals, drinks and appetizers at networking nights, retreat and closing experiences, one ticket to an Ohio State football game in 2020, YAA apparel and gifts. Tuition for YAA is $250, due upon acceptance into the academy.
Discount pricing is available for students and working professionals without access to professional development funds:
• Graduate/Professional Student (enrolled in an academic program for 2019–2020): $125
• Working Professionals: $150
• All Young Alumni Academy sessions will be based in Columbus, Ohio.
• All alumni of The Ohio State University who are under the age of 30 are eligible to apply. • The application consists of short answer essays, resume and letter of recommendation.
• The selection committee for Young Alumni Academy will consist of Ohio State faculty, staff and alumni.
All sessions will be held at Longaberger Alumni House unless otherwise noted. Dinner will be provided.
All sessions will be held from 5:30–7:30 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
• Sunday, September 22, 2019 – Retreat at Woodhaven Farm (11 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
• Tuesday, October 22, 2019 – Session II
• Tuesday, November 19, 2019 – Session III
• Tuesday, December 17, 2019 – Session IV
• Tuesday, January 14, 2020 – Session V
• Tuesday, January 28, 2020 – Networking Night
• Tuesday, February 25, 2020 – Session VI
• Tuesday, March 24, 2020 – Session VII
• Tuesday, April 7, 2020 – Networking Night
• Tuesday, April 21, 2020 – Session VIII
• Tuesday, May 19, 2020 – Session IX
• June 2020 – Closing Celebration (details to come)