Young Alumni Academy
Young Alumni Academy (YAA) is a professional and personal development program for young Ohio State alumni.
YAA is designed to empower young alumni to continue their support of the University and provide them with the skills they need to be successful — in the workplace and in life- to becoming future Buckeye leaders. Throughout the program, participants will hear from experts and community leaders about a variety of topics including; the mission of the alumni association, leadership, salary negotiation, effective communication and inclusion.
YAA fosters relationships between young professionals within the Ohio State community, while providing opportunities to give back and connect with seasoned alumni for networking, advice and professional guidance.
• All Young Alumni Academy sessions will occur in-person.
• All alumni of The Ohio State University who are 30 years of age and under are encouraged to apply.
• The application consists of a current resume and a few short-answer essays.
• The selection committee for Young Alumni Academy will consist of Ohio State faculty, staff and alumni.
Young Alumni Academy tuition is $125, and includes access to all professional development sessions, with catered meals, YAA apparel and gifts. Payment is due upon acceptance into the academy.
How to apply
Complete the Young Alumni Academy application online by Sunday, November 20 11:59 p.m.
Application includes contact, education and demographic information, essay questions and professional resume.
• Brief Bio (max 200 words)
• Why do you want to be a part of 2023 Young Alumni Academy? (2,000 character limit)
• If you had access to unlimited time, funds or resources, how would you see yourself paying forward for Ohio State? (2,500 character limit)
All sessions will be held from 5:30–7 p.m. ET at Longaberger Alumni House unless otherwise noted.
• Wednesday, January 25, 2023 — Welcome/Program Overview
• Wednesday, February 8, 2023 — Session I
• Wednesday, March 15, 2023 — Session II
• Wednesday, April 12, 2023 — Session III
• Wednesday, May 10, 2023 — Session IV
• Wednesday, June 21, 2023 — Session V
• Wednesday, July 12, 2023 — Closing Celebration
Coffee with University Leadership
• Thursday, March 30, 2023 at 7:30-8:30 a.m. ET
Networking and Relationship Building (attend at least one)
• Wednesday, April 26, 2023
• Wednesday, June 14, 2023
Completion of the program
Participants should plan to commit 3–5 hours per month to this program.
Participants are expected to:
• attend all monthly sessions, in addition to the opening and closing celebrations
• participate in at least one of the two networking events
• attend morning session with OSU leadership
• four micro-mentoring meetings
• complete five volunteer hours or host a BuckeyeFunder campaign
More information on these requirements will be provided upon acceptance into the program.
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will be invited to join an emeriti group to stay connected with The Ohio State University Alumni Association.
Katie Viau at email@example.com.