Young Alumni Academy
Young Alumni Academy (YAA) is a professional and personal development program for young Ohio State alumni. The 2020-2021 cohort will be entirely virtual, allowing Buckeyes to participate from wherever they are!
YAA is designed to empower young Buckeyes and provide them with the skills they need to be successful — in the workplace and in life. Throughout the 10-month program, participants will hear from experts and community leaders about a variety of topics, including salary negotiation, work-life balance and personal branding.
With a wide variety of sessions and panels offered, participants are able to customize their experience to help meet their personal and professional goals. YAA fosters relationships between young professionals within the Ohio State community, while providing opportunities to connect with seasoned alumni for networking, advice and professional guidance.
• All Young Alumni Academy sessions will occur virtually via Zoom. Participants can be located anywhere with reliable internet access. If and when it is safe to do so, in-person opportunities may be added.
• All alumni of The Ohio State University who are under the age of 30 are eligible to apply.
• The application consists of short-answer essays and submission of a resume.
• The selection committee for Young Alumni Academy will consist of Ohio State faculty, staff and alumni.
Young Alumni Academy tuition is $45, and includes access to all professional development sessions and leadership assessments, YAA apparel and gifts. Payment is due upon acceptance into the academy.
We are looking for alumni with professional experience in all industries to be featured in our Alumni Connections Directory, which is available exclusively for YAA members. By being featured in the directory, you’ll have the opportunity to “pay forward” to the next generation of Buckeye leaders by sharing advice and guidance in a one-on-one or small-group setting.
All sessions will be held from 6–7:15 p.m. ET unless otherwise noted.
Monthly Sessions (attend six):
• Tuesday, September 22, 2020 — Welcome/Program Overview
• Tuesday, October 20, 2020 — Session I
• Tuesday, November 17, 2020 — Session II
• Tuesday, December 8, 2020 — Session III
• Tuesday, January 19, 2021 — Session IV
• Tuesday, February 16, 2021 — Session V
• Tuesday, March 16, 2021 — Session VI
• Tuesday, April 20, 2021 — Session VII
• Tuesday, May 18, 2021 — Session VIII
• June 2021 – Closing Celebration (details to come)
Focus Panels (attend three):
• Thursday, October 29, 2020
• Thursday, December 17, 2020
• Thursday, January 28, 2021
• Thursday, February 25, 2021
• Thursday, March 25, 2021
• Thursday, April 29, 2021
Completion of the program
Participants are expected to attend at least six sessions and three focus panels, in addition to the opening and closing celebrations. Participants also are encouraged to use the Alumni Connections Directory to engage in social events and take advantage of opportunities to connect with alumni who share career interests or life experiences. Upon completion of the program, graduates will be invited to join an emeriti group to stay connected with The Ohio State University Alumni Association.
How to apply
Applications are due on Friday, August 21, 2020. Applicants will be notified of their status in the program by Friday, September 4, 2020.
Please contact Lindsay Seminara at firstname.lastname@example.org.