Young Alumni Academy
Young Alumni Academy (YAA) is a professional and personal development program for young Ohio State alumni. The 2021-2022 cohort will be entirely virtual, allowing Buckeyes to participate from wherever they are!
YAA is designed to empower young Buckeyes and provide them with the skills they need to be successful — in the workplace and in life. Throughout the program, participants will hear from experts and community leaders about a variety of topics, including salary negotiation, conflict resolution and inclusion.
In addition to professional development, participants will participate in sessions designed to help them connect with other Buckeyes. YAA fosters relationships between young professionals within the Ohio State community, while providing opportunities to connect with seasoned alumni for networking, advice and professional guidance.
• All Young Alumni Academy sessions will occur virtually via Zoom. Participants can be located anywhere with reliable internet access.
• All alumni of The Ohio State University who are under the age of 30 are eligible to apply.
• The application consists of a current resume and a few short-answer essays.
• The selection committee for Young Alumni Academy will consist of Ohio State faculty, staff and alumni.
Young Alumni Academy tuition is $45, and includes access to all professional development sessions, YAA apparel and gifts. Payment is due upon acceptance into the academy.
How to apply
Applications for the 2021–2022 Young Alumni Academy cohort are available now!
Please be prepared to answer the following essay questions:
• Why do you wish to be a part of 2021-2022 Young Alumni Academy? (2,000 character limit)
• What do you consider to be one of your most significant and important personal or professional accomplishments? How did you demonstrate leadership to achieve it? (2,000 character limit)
You will also be asked to submit a brief bio (100-200 words) and a copy of your resume.
Applications are due on Sunday, September 12, 2021. Participants will be notified of their status in the process by the end of September.
All sessions will be held from 6–7:15 p.m. ET unless otherwise noted.
• Tuesday, October 19, 2021 — Welcome/Program Overview
• Tuesday, November 9, 2021 — Session I
• Tuesday, December 7, 2021 — Session II
• Tuesday, January 11, 2022 — Session III
• Tuesday, February 8, 2022 — Session IV
• Tuesday, March 8, 2022 — Session V
• Tuesday, April 12, 2022 — Closing Celebration
Networking & Relationship Building (attend at least three):
• Tuesday, October 26, 2021
• Thursday, November 18, 2021
• Thursday, December 16, 2021
• Thursday, January 27, 2022
• Thursday, February 24, 2022
• Thursday, March 24, 2022
Completion of the program
Participants should plan to commit 2-4 hours per month to this program.
Participants are expected to attend all monthly sessions, in addition to the opening and closing celebrations. Participants are also expected to participate in three networking events and four micro-mentoring meetings. More information on these requirements will be provided upon acceptance into the program.
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will be invited to join an emeriti group to stay connected with The Ohio State University Alumni Association.
YAA Seeking Volunteers
We are looking for alumni with professional experience in all industries to be featured in our Alumni Connections Directory, which is available exclusively for YAA members. By being featured in the directory, you’ll have the opportunity to “pay forward” to the next generation of Buckeye leaders by sharing advice and guidance in a one-on-one or small-group setting.
Interested in learning more or attending an upcoming information session?
Information sessions will be held on September 14 at 7 p.m. EDT and September 15 at 1 p.m. EDT. The same content will be covered at both session, so you only need to attend one.
Please contact Lindsay Seminara at email@example.com.