So you can't help the Buckeyes beat Michigan on the football field. What you can do: Memorize this Buckeye trivia before the game. (Answers at end of quiz.)
1. The first version of a Script Ohio was performed at the 1932 Ohio State/Michigan game. What was unusual about the performance?
- A. It was performed following the game.
- B. No one dotted the "i."
- C. It was performed by Michigan’s band.
- D. Ohio State’s alma mater “Carmen Ohio” was played by the band as they marched.
2. Which of the following Ohio State coaches has the best all-time record against the Wolverines?
- A. Woody Hayes
- B. Jim Tressel
- C. Earle Bruce
- D. Frances Schmidt
3. What Ohio State Heisman Trophy winner played in as many winning games against Michigan as Archie Griffin (three)?
- A. Eddie George
- B. Troy Smith
- C. Howard “Hopalong” Cassady
- D. Vic Janowicz
4. In 1973, Ohio State and Michigan played to a 10-10 tie and had identical undefeated records in the Big Ten. How was Ohio State selected to go to the Rose Bowl that year?
- A. The Buckeyes were ranked higher in the AP poll.
- B. Michigan had gone the year before.
- C. A vote of Big Ten athletic directors gave the bid to Ohio State.
- D. Ohio State had scored more overall points during the season.
5. Following an upset loss to Michigan in 1969, what did Coach Woody Hayes have made to make sure his players remembered that defeat?
- A. A movie of the loss, screened for the team the night before the next Michigan game.
- B. T-shirts that he passed out to the players at summer conditioning drills.
- C. Buttons for the team captains, showing the score.
- D. A rug with the score, placed outside the dressing room so that the players walked on it every day as they headed to and from practice.
Show your pride
Support Ohio State Athletics today.