Become a Buckeye Advocate
Any alumnus or friend of Ohio State can become a Buckeye Advocate. Make your voice heard in Ohio and across the country by talking with your elected officials about the issues that are important to you and the university.
How can I do my part?
- If you are not already, become a registered voter today!
- Become familiar with your elected officials. Find out who represents you.
- Stay informed and sign up to receive Buckeye Advocates News in your inbox so that you have the latest information on policy issues and will be the first to know when it’s time to stand up in support of Ohio State.
- Plan legislative advocacy activities for your local alumni club or society.
- Contact your lawmaker. Whether you write a letter, tweet, call, or meet with your representatives in person, your message about Ohio State makes a difference!
What you need to know – Your stories help shape legislation and build a stronger Ohio State.
Know your own Buckeye story. How has Ohio State impacted your life? Personal stories have the ability to shape public policy. Your story is a powerful way to illustrate your support for the Buckeye Nation. Contact your representatives today and let them know how Ohio State has positively impacted you.
Stay Ready. Be on the lookout for Call to Action alerts from Buckeye Advocates. CTAs make it easy for you to engage your lawmaker on important legislative priorities in a timely manner.
Build relationships. Elected officials count on their constituents to speak to them about what matters in their communities. Developing relationships with your local representatives is the best way to have a positive influence on the policymaking process and promote Ohio State.
Sign up to receive Buckeye Advocates News
Sign up for Buckeye Advocacy News to stay up-to-date on issues and opportunities for you to engage with your elected officials in Ohio and Washington, D.C. *Required fields in red.