Alumni House Events
While our alumni association staff is working remotely, the Longaberger Alumni House is temporarily closed. We look forward to hosting you in the future. For now, be well and stay safe.
Providing safe and clean environments for our guests and employees is one of our top priorities. With the latest news on Coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, The Longaberger Alumni House is doing its part to help keep our community healthy and we ask our guests to do the same.
- Our associates adhere to and enforce health and safety guidelines outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Ohio Department of Health and relevant industry associations/governing bodies. Ohio State has created the Safe and Healthy Campus for our university community.
- We are enforcing daily health checks on employees daily and mandating employees who have any signs of illness to stay home.
- Additional measures have been put into place to support a healthy environment for our guests and associates. This includes a dedicated entrance and exit, signage encouraging physical distancing, implementation of hand sanitizer stations and frequent cleaning and sanitizing of all surfaces throughout the day, as well as decreased room capacities in our meeting rooms and event space.
Our guests are encouraged to adhere to the following guidelines as part of the Safe and Healthy Campus:
- Face masks must be worn in indoor settings and in outdoor spaces where individuals gather and cannot maintain physical distancing of at least six feet between each person.
- Hands should be washed frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after touching common surfaces. If soap and water are not available, 70% alcohol-based hand sanitizer should be used.
- Everyone should maintain a distance of at least six feet from others in any public space — indoor or outdoor — wherever possible.
University and Longaberger Alumni House staff continue to work in partnership and follow all guidelines and protocols set by state and federal agencies to ensure a safe and healthy buckeye experience. Your continued flexibility, cooperation and commitment are vital to remain Together As Buckeyes in keeping the community safe.
The success of an event depends on the home in which it’s held.
Longaberger Alumni House on the campus of The Ohio State University
With all the hospitality you'd expect from Buckeyes
Green Buckeye Certification: Students, faculty, and staff have a significant influence on sustainable practices at The Ohio State University through every day activities in their respective environment. The intent of the Green Buckeye Certification (GBC) program is to inform and encourage implementation of best practices to improve the sustainability performance of campus offices and laboratories.
Due to the resource intensity of the vast number of offices and more than 3,000 laboratories throughout the university, this program includes resource (energy, water, etc.) conservation education, recycling and waste reduction, energy efficiency, green purchasing and health and wellness. By becoming Green Buckeye Certified, we demonstrate leadership and commitment to Ohio State's sustainability goals.