Buckeyes Helping Buckeyes
Buckeyes share a special bond. We take great pride in our alma mater. We greet each other in code: “O-H!” And we get an enthusiastic “I-O” in return. So when we see a Buckeye in need, we rush to help.
In this spirit, the Buckeyes Helping Buckeyes program awards grants to deserving alumni who find themselves set back by natural disasters, job losses, unexpected injuries and more.
You may qualify for a Buckeyes Helping Buckeyes grant if:
- You are an alumnus of The Ohio State University
- You can demonstrate need by fully and accurately completing an application including any required attachments, if determined necessary
- You or immediate family members of an applicant have not received a Buckeyes Helping Buckeyes grant within the last 24 months
Grants can be awarded to qualifying individuals or the immediate family member of qualifying individuals. Individuals may submit an application on behalf of a member if they are unable to do it themselves. We aim to provide grants to applicants within 14 business days of approval of the application. Approval of the grants are at the discretion of the President and CEO of the Alumni Association.
Types of hardship grants include but are not limited to:
- Alumni Aid: Emergency financial assistance for alumni members who have experienced an unexpected or unique personal or family hardship.
- Alumni Disaster Relief: A grant available to alumni members who experience a sudden calamitous event bringing great damage, loss or destruction to their property or primary residence.
- Alumni Medical Emergency Fund: A grant available to alumni members who are facing serious medical conditions where the member is hospitalized and critically ill, or suffering from a disabling or chronic disease.
- Alumni Continuing Education: A grant available for alumni members who, due to an unforeseen life experience, must return to school part-time to enhance their education.
You can never pay back, so you should always try to pay forward. Coach Woody Hayes