The Ohio State University Foundation Board exists to support the university and advancement missions by actively promoting philanthropy and advocating for Ohio State.
The Ohio State University Foundation’s vision is to be the preeminent leader of the University’s private fundraising efforts with the purpose of advancing the University’s priorities by supporting students, faculty, patients, and research by generating, receiving, and stewarding gifts and expanding philanthropic support; strengthening engagement of stakeholders; and serving as trusted advisors to University leadership.
- Board Directors have a unique and distinct role in assisting the university to raise philanthropic resources to fund the mission and strategic plan of the organization.
- Board Directors are individuals with diverse backgrounds and talents. Active participation and commitment of their time and expertise, maximizing individual skills and capacities, is vital to the success of the Foundation.
Be an Advocate
- Directors assist in expanding and stewarding the network of alumni and friends engaged with the university including the identification and cultivation of potential donors
- Directors increase the number of donors and private gift support through ambassadorship in the community and collective influence
- Stewardship of donors, including thank you calls and notes, and hosting strategically targeted events and gatherings
Be an Advisor
- Directors provide valuable insight and experience to the Foundation President and university leaders to support and enhance the fundraising mission of the university
- Serve on a Foundation Board Committee, College/Department Advisory Committee, or other university advisory task force to provide individual expertise when requested
- Attend and prioritize semi-annual Foundation Board meetings and relevant committee meetings as opportunities to provide counsel, vision and feedback
Give a Gift
- Meet or exceed the Foundation Board’s philanthropic expectations, which entail a $1 million lifetime commitment, a $25,000 commitment per fiscal year, a campaign commitment during campaign times and consideration of a planned gift or bequest.
Support Advancement Events
- Assist Foundation staff in identifying and inviting potential event attendees
- Partner with Foundation staff by attending cultivation or related events where there is connectivity and interest