Parents Advancement Council
The Parents Advancement Council is a community of dedicated parents who are actively engaged in their students' college experience. They understand the vital need for a successful ongoing program of parent giving. As members of the council, parents are asked to:
- lead the gift-giving effort by example through contributions to the Parents Support Fund with an annual commitment of $5,000 or more.
- become ambassadors and representatives of the university at educational and social activities for new and prospective parents.
- actively assist in identifying, engaging and attracting support from prospective parent donors, including coordination with senior university leadership, development staff and volunteers.
- inform and participate in planning, coordinating and implementing various fundraising activities aimed at prospective donors.
Members of the Parents Advancement Council share the Ohio State experience by connecting with students and parents, interacting with faculty and staff, and experiencing what makes being a Buckeye so special.
Members also have the opportunity to:
- participate in small group meetings with university leadership.
- get to know other parents during Parent and Family Weekend, regional receptions and other special events.
- enjoy President's Club benefits, including the option to apply to purchase season tickets to home football games and the use of campus amenities such as the libraries and the Ohio State golf course (fees may apply)
For more information on the Parents Advancement Council, please contact Lynne Deshler at email@example.com.