Year-end Giving Information
December 31 is the deadline to make an annual qualifying gift for President's Club recognition. When considering your annual donation, please note the following as they could affect your 2018 recognition:
- The university is closed December 24-25 and January 1, 2019. We recommend calling our office (614-292-9550) or emailing us before December 28, 2018 with any questions that concern your President’s Club status.
- Gifts may be made online prior to midnight, Monday, December 31, 2018.
- Checks, including matching gift payments, must be postmarked by Monday, December 31, 2018 to be eligible for 2018 President’s Club recognition.
- Credit card gifts must be received and processed by 1:00 p.m. on Monday, December 31, 2018.
- IRA rollover distribution gifts are not eligible for President’s Club recognition, nor may priority points be accumulated.
Additional information, including policies on donor advised funds, foundation contributions and matching gifts can be found on our FAQ.
Gift Delivery Information
- Phone us at (614) 292-9550 with your credit card information no later than 1:00 p.m. on December 31.
- Please call in advance if you plan to make your gift in person on December 31 to ensure we are available. Longaberger Alumni House (614) 292-9550 or the Gift Processing Office at 1480 W. Lane Avenue (614) 292-2141.
- Checks must be postmarked no later than December 31, 2018. We cannot make exceptions to this policy so please keep in mind that the office hours of the USPS in your area could impact the date of the postmark on your gift.
- It is recommended that you make your credit card gift online by the December 31 11:59 p.m. deadline to ensure it is received as required. If you are mailing a credit card donation, IRS guidelines mandate that donations made by credit card are substantiated by the date the card is charged, not by the postmark date. We must receive and process these gifts before January 1 in order to receipt you in 2018. We cannot make exceptions to this policy so please keep in mind that the office hours of the USPS in your area could impact the date of the postmark on your gift.
- If you plan to overnight your contribution, please do so before December 29 to guarantee time for processing.
For your safety and credit card security, do not email, fax or leave your credit card number on voice mail. Compliance regulations prevent us from processing donations received via these communications.